Job Posting - Digital Content & Marketing Manager at Groundwire

  • gina.grappone@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2012
      DIGITAL CONTENT & MARKETING MANAGER at GROUNDWIRE

      At Groundwire (and our for-profit subsidiary, Groundwire Consulting) we believe that
      relationships are the building blocks for all social change, and that technology is the secret sauce for supporting deeper relationships between organizations, companies, activists, consumers, policy makers, and the overwhelming majority of us that want strong communities and a healthy planet.

      We've been around since 1995. Back then, bulk faxing elected officials was considered the height of technological sophistication and the internet was a wild frontier. Today, our clients are attracting, serving and connecting their audiences online and off through smart use of technology, and our strategists and developers make it all possible.
      Our team is creative, knowledgeable and extremely passionate about the work we do. We are capacity-builders, collaborators, and pioneers in our field. And we have a lot of fun.
      We need a good digital content and marketing manager to help us communicate all
      of the exciting stuff we're developing, building and thinking about. Interested?
      Keep reading.

      JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
      1. Managing and updating the communications and marketing plans for Groundwire and
      Groundwire Consulting, Inc and evaluating outreach activities.
      2. Maintaining the "editorial voices" for Groundwire and Groundwire Consulting. Inc.
      3. Generating and/or editing content for:
      - Outreach, support and marketing (both digital and print)
      - Grant proposals and individual donor solicitations
      - Project-related client documents (project scopes, strategy deliverables, coaching and
      training materials)
      -Research documents, case studies, white papers and other thought leadership
      4. Managing and curating all aspects of Groundwire's and Groundwire Consulting's digital
      channels (including our websites, blogs, social media outlets) to increase audience
      engagement, and pursue additional online/social media opportunities to increase awarenessof our work and services.
      5. Gathering information or materials for case studies and other documents through research, interviews, etc.
      6. Maintaining inventory of communications assets, such as photos, videos, slideshows and
      presentations.
      7. Coordinating with design and other consultants as necessary and managing all
      communications/marketing projects from initial design phase through execution.
      8. Assisting with other client or fundraising projects as needed.

      JOB REQUIREMENTS
      · Awesome digital communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and
      persuasive content customized appropriately for the audience and communication channel.
      · Experience with content management systems
      · Poetic flair
      · Sense of humor (this is really important – we're not kidding)
      · Strong passion for environmental protection, civic engagement and social change
      · High level of comfort with technology, particularly software and platforms for new
      media/social media
      · Strong editing skills
      · Experience with digital community management
      · Great skills with Google Analytics (and/or other web analytics packages) to provide regular
      reporting of web site traffic and social media measurement
      · Experience with and knowledge of using social media and search marketing
      · Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors preferred
      · Strong contributor in team environments
      · Goal and outcome-oriented, coupled with strong organizational skills and ability to meet
      deadlines with grace
      · Resourcefulness, individual initiative and high energy
      · Minimum of three years professional writing/marketing experience

      This is a full-time position located in Seattle, WA. Groundwire offers a fun and meaningful
      workplace and a generous personal leave and benefits package, including health, dental and retirement plans and professional development opportunities. We also offer the opportunity to work a flexible work week. Groundwire values diversity in its team.
      TO APPLY: please submit your resume and cover letter on our website:
      http://groundwire.org/about/jobs/digital_content_manager.
      Please send application materials by 6/15/2012.
    • gina.grappone@gmail.com