Poll results for NomegaStudios

  • NomegaStudios@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 23, 2008
      The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: WHY IS AIDS SPREADING IN AFRICA SO FAST?

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - LACK OF PROTECTION, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - LACK OF EDUCATION, 5 votes, 83.33%
      - NOT CARING ABOUT THEMSELVES, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - LACK OF CLEAN FACILITIES, 1 votes, 16.67%
      - LACK OF AMBITION FOR BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS, 0 votes, 0.00%

      INDIVIDUAL VOTES
      - LACK OF PROTECTION
      - LACK OF EDUCATION
      - luv4mickey@...
      - hallabak@...
      - kiya111_00@...
      - dabestdancer@...
      - lrbeasley1980@...
      - NOT CARING ABOUT THEMSELVES
      - LACK OF CLEAN FACILITIES
      - da_realist87@...
      - LACK OF AMBITION FOR BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NomegaStudios

    • NomegaStudios@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 23, 2008
        The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: WHY IS AIDS SPREADING FASTER IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY THEN ANY OTHER RACE?

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - LACK OF EDUCATION, 1 votes, 25.00%
        - CONSPIRACY BY BLACKS (UNRECOGNIZABLE SELF HATRED) , 0 votes, 0.00%
        - CONSPIRACY BY WHITES, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - LACK OF AMBITION FOR GREATER, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - LACK OF UNDERSTANDING, 1 votes, 25.00%
        - SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - SEPARATION OF COMMUNITY AND GOD, 2 votes, 50.00%
        - SEPARATION OF COMMUNITY, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - GENOCIDE, 0 votes, 0.00%

        INDIVIDUAL VOTES
        - LACK OF EDUCATION
        - lrbeasley1980@...
        - CONSPIRACY BY BLACKS (UNRECOGNIZABLE SELF HATRED)
        - CONSPIRACY BY WHITES
        - LACK OF AMBITION FOR GREATER
        - LACK OF UNDERSTANDING
        - da_realist87@...
        - SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE
        - SEPARATION OF COMMUNITY AND GOD
        - hallabak@...
        - dabestdancer@...
        - SEPARATION OF COMMUNITY
        - GENOCIDE

        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 23, 2008
          The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
          final results:

          POLL QUESTION: Beyonce' R Sierra

          CHOICES AND RESULTS
          - B'Day, 0 votes, 0.00%
          - Sierra, 2 votes, 100.00%

          INDIVIDUAL VOTES
          - B'Day
          - Sierra
          - hallabak@...
          - Tinydancer2204@...

          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 23, 2008
            The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
            final results:

            POLL QUESTION: Who has the better Radio Show Steve Harvey or Russ Par?

            CHOICES AND RESULTS
            - Stever Harvey, 3 votes, 100.00%
            - Russ Par, 0 votes, 0.00%

            INDIVIDUAL VOTES
            - Stever Harvey
            - dabestdancer@...
            - luv4mickey@...
            - lrbeasley1980@...
            - Russ Par

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 8 12:46 AM
              The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
              final results:

              POLL QUESTION: HOW MANY TALENTED PEOPLE ARE IN YOUR CITY?

              CHOICES AND RESULTS
              - NONE, 0 votes, 0.00%
              - 100, 3 votes, 75.00%
              - 1000, 0 votes, 0.00%
              - 1 MIL, 0 votes, 0.00%
              - TOO TOO MANY!, 1 votes, 25.00%

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 8 12:46 AM
                The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
                final results:

                POLL QUESTION: HOW CAN I BETTER PARTICIPATE IN THIS GROUP!

                CHOICES AND RESULTS
                - POST MORE, 3 votes, 75.00%
                - INVITE PEOPLE, 1 votes, 25.00%
                - IGNORE THIS POLL. LOL, 0 votes, 0.00%

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 8 12:46 AM
                  The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
                  final results:

                  POLL QUESTION: SHOULD WE HAVE MORE POETRY & MUSIC SCENES IN RICHMOND,VA.

                  CHOICES AND RESULTS
                  - MORE POETRY, 2 votes, 66.67%
                  - MORE MUSIC, 1 votes, 33.33%
                  - WE HAVE ENOUGH OF EVERYTHING, 0 votes, 0.00%
                  - I DON'T REALLY GO OUT!, 0 votes, 0.00%

                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NomegaStudios

                • Felicia Winston
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 10 3:04 AM
                    Nomega, I know the poll is closed however, I have a comment to the poll results. a large majority of the respondents said more poetry. I would actually disagree with this statement. I know that may come as a shock considering my ties and participation in the poetry community, however, there is actually poetry almost every night in Richmond. Unfortunately, due to poor advertising, marketing, etc..... these venues do not get the support they need from the community at large and they end up shutting down. Slam Richmond has really felt this at our venue big time.Fortunately for us, we have a venue that will never kick us out due to attendance. Unfortunately, there seems to be no one answer as to why the attendance is low with most all venues accept for Tuesday Verses which has a loyal crowd that is growing. So my response would be less venues with more community support.

                    The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
                    final results:

                    POLL QUESTION: SHOULD WE HAVE MORE POETRY & MUSIC SCENES IN RICHMOND,VA.

                    CHOICES AND RESULTS
                    - MORE POETRY, 2 votes, 66.67%
                    - MORE MUSIC, 1 votes, 33.33%
                    - WE HAVE ENOUGH OF EVERYTHING, 0 votes, 0.00%
                    - I DON'T REALLY GO OUT!, 0 votes, 0.00%

                    http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/NomegaStud ios

                    http://help. yahoo.com/ l/us/yahoo/ groups/original/ members/web/ index.html

                  • Tom Sanchez Prunier
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 10 12:14 PM
                      Felicia,

                      Take a closer look at the number of survey respondants: 3. Two of the three wanted more poetry. I don't think this is a large enough sample to refute.

                      I do second the assertion that poetry venues in Richmond - save Verses, Lyric Ave and, for a time, SlamRichmond - suffer from poor promotions. What distinguishes those three venues from the rest is that they fill needs: Verses' and Lyric Ave's audiences were cultivated over years; SlamRichmond took an ambitious step this year by moving to a weekly schedule (like Monday Night Vamps). Those are top-shelf events with production support and, save SlamRichmond this season, consisitent and ongoing promotions.

                      And then there's the rest: Small events created by people, many outside the poetry community with little or no experience in promotions, usually in direct conflict with one another. These small events often change dates or are held so infrequently that they cannot build/sustain an audience.

                      Currently, the gaps between the established poetry venues (Verses, Lyric Ave, SlamRichmond, Shockoe Poets, Bend Your Ear) are filled with events that have popped up with no regard for whether or not the community wants them there. To be honest (and harsh), some seem to exist so said promoters can say they have an event. Not all of these "gap" events fit that paradigm. Most of these events will cannibalize one another or fade away. Looking at Wednesday through Friday is one example. The only reasonable/nonredundant event ocurring during that time is the Lyric Ave Chat Room, where community discussions are intermingled with an open mic. It is hard to bring a crowd out on Wednesday after everyone's had their poetry spirits lifted the night before at Verses, and Friday's more of a club/movie night than a poetry night. In another month, many of these events will fade away... although the poetry whore in me hopes they don't.

                      What Felicia wrote about promotions is also correct. The Lyric Ave cast spends more time promoting than they do rehearsing, and it has paid off to the tune of nearly 900 people per show. SlamRichmond, until this season, was heavily promoted in the community and print media, and its audiences steadily grew. Both venues, along with Verses, answer (don't duplicate) a community need, and that's why they have staying power. So many of these "extra" events don't offer anything different than what you see at the established venues.

                      Just my .02

                      ~TSP

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 29 12:45 AM
                        The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
                        final results:

                        POLL QUESTION: If you were constantly hurt by someone(s) of another race would it then, due to your personal circumstances and experiences, be ok for you to be a racist against that particular race?

                        CHOICES AND RESULTS
                        - Yes, 0 votes, 0.00%
                        - NO, 3 votes, 100.00%
                        - Maybe, 0 votes, 0.00%

                        INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                        - Yes
                        - NO
                        - wkdriver@...
                        - djxa2z@...
                        - slamrichmond@...
                        - Maybe

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 29 12:45 AM
                          The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
                          final results:

                          POLL QUESTION: Which do you like more, small churchs with a intimate and personal feel or large charges with a more dynamic appeal and why?

                          CHOICES AND RESULTS
                          - Small Churchs, 1 votes, 33.33%
                          - Large Churchs, 0 votes, 0.00%
                          - Both, 2 votes, 66.67%
                          - Neither, 0 votes, 0.00%

                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 1, 2008
                            The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
                            final results:

                            POLL QUESTION: We can find Saddam in a hole in the desert, but can't find who shot Tupac and Biggie.. Why?

                            CHOICES AND RESULTS
                            - The forces that be don't care!, 3 votes, 75.00%
                            - The forces that be were behind it!, 0 votes, 0.00%
                            - The killers were to efficient., 1 votes, 25.00%
                            - Who is Tupac?, 0 votes, 0.00%
                            - Can I use a life line?, 0 votes, 0.00%
                            - The Murders were to random!, 0 votes, 0.00%

                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 14, 2008
                              The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
                              final results:

                              POLL QUESTION: Who won the debate? Cast your vote and then click post to post why you believe it.

                              CHOICES AND RESULTS
                              - Senator Barack Obama, 0 votes, 0.00%
                              - Senator John McCain, 0 votes, 0.00%
                              - Tie or Draw, 1 votes, 100.00%

                              Message 14 of 15 , Oct 14, 2008
                                The following NomegaStudios poll is now closed. Here are the
                                final results:

                                POLL QUESTION: Who will be the better president?Cast your vote and then click post to post why you believe it.

                                CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                - Senator Barack O., 2 votes, 100.00%
                                - Senator John M., 0 votes, 0.00%

                                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NomegaStudios