Robert Weaver Adkins in Worthington Cemetary

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2013
      Hello all...

      My sister and I are deep into the genealogy of the Adkins family.
      Our GG-grandfathers grave is reported to be in the Worthington Cemetery

      Robert W. Adkins
      Birth: 1871 Death: 1922
      Burial: Worthington Cemetery
      Worthington Nobles County Minnesota, USA
      Plot: Sec A Row 5

      We would love a photo of his grave. If anyone in this group is near the location and would be kind enough to take it we would appreciate it very much. I know it's a lot to ask.

      We both live in Dallas, Texas area so it is a long trip for us. But if it is confirmed by a photo, we are considering the trip.

      Much Regards

      Mike Adkins
    • Lorri Hill
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2013

        I found this on FIND A GRAVE, but there is no picture.  You can go to their site & request one.
        Find a grave:
         http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=adkins&GSiman=1&GScid=734288&GRid=64130078&

        Birth: 1871
        Death: 1922
        Burial:
        Worthington Cemetery
        Worthington
        Nobles County
        Minnesota, USA
        Plot: Sec A Row 5

        Created by: steamerfan
        Record added: Jan 12, 2011
        Find A Grave Memorial# 64130078

        To: NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2013
          Thanks. We've been there. Unfortunately 'steamer' who added the info died. There is also an outstanding photo request that my sister did a few years ago. So I cannot do another.

          So I just thought I'd try another avenue.

          Regards

          Mike

          --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, Lorri Hill <larooh@...> wrote:

          > I found this on FIND A GRAVE, but there is no picture. You can go to their site & request one.Find a grave: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=adkins&GSiman=1&GScid=734288&GRid=64130078& Birth: 1871 Death: 1922Burial:
          > Worthington Cemetery
          > Worthington
          > Nobles County
          > Minnesota, USA
          > Plot: Sec A Row 5
          > Created by: steamerfan
          > Record added: Jan 12, 2011
          > Find A Grave Memorial# 64130078
          > To: NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com
          > From: mmdallastexas@...
          > Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:25:21 +0000
          > Subject: [NoblesCountyMN] Robert Weaver Adkins in Worthington Cemetary
        • Michael
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2013
            Thanks Lorri

            I've been there. Unfortunately the person that made the entry in our case, died. And, there is an outstanding photo request that prohibits my new request.

            So, I thought I might pursue a different a venue here.

            Perhaps you know of someone that might live nearby & does this type of thing. We could pay someone to take a few pics?

            Regards

            Mike

            --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, Lorri Hill <larooh@...> wrote:

            > I found this on FIND A GRAVE, but there is no picture. You can go to their site & request one.Find a grave: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=adkins&GSiman=1&GScid=734288&GRid=64130078& Birth: 1871 Death: 1922Burial:
            > Worthington Cemetery
            > Worthington
            > Nobles County
            > Minnesota, USA
            > Plot: Sec A Row 5
            > Created by: steamerfan
            > Record added: Jan 12, 2011
            > Find A Grave Memorial# 64130078
            > To: NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com
            > From: mmdallastexas@...
            > Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:25:21 +0000
            > Subject: [NoblesCountyMN] Robert Weaver Adkins in Worthington Cemetary

            > Hello all...
            >

            > My sister and I are deep into the genealogy of the Adkins family.
            >
            > Our GG-grandfathers grave is reported to be in the Worthington Cemetery
            >

            > Robert W. Adkins
            >
            > Birth: 1871 Death: 1922
            >
            > Burial: Worthington Cemetery
            >
            > Worthington Nobles County Minnesota, USA
            >
            > Plot: Sec A Row 5
            >

            > We would love a photo of his grave. If anyone in this group is near the location and would be kind enough to take it we would appreciate it very much. I know it's a lot to ask.
            >

            > We both live in Dallas, Texas area so it is a long trip for us. But if it is confirmed by a photo, we are considering the trip.
            >

            > Much Regards
            >

            > Mike Adkins

          • PatD
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 6, 2013
              That information came from the Nobles County Gen Soc. who walked the cemetery. We did not take photographs at that time, 1990's. I will get out and take a photo for you asap. I will post it to this site and/or our face book page.
              Pat

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 6, 2013
                Pat...

                Thanks a ton! I think that's the only Adkins in the cemetery.
                Hoping for warmer weather for u on your trek!

                You can also email the full size to me at: mmdallastexas@...

                Much regards

                Mike

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
                  Thanks sooo much to Patrick for taking the time to take some great photos of my G-Grandfathers grave in Worthington Cemetery!

                  Got all misty eyed! :-)

                  Loaded into a gallery to share with family members

                  http://www.michaeladkinsphotography.com/M-M-Photos/2013/Robert-Weaver-Adkins/28327074_mR3P9w#!i=2397853661&k=VHckdhx

                  What a great group u have here to help out a total stranger!

                  My dad, Ace Clayton Adkins Jr (and I believe his father), was born in Mn. But I and my sisters were all born in the Chicago area and grew up there.

                  Thanks again & much regards

                  Mike Adkins (in Fairview, Texas)

                  --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, "PatD" <demuth@...> wrote:

                  > That information came from the Nobles County Gen Soc. who walked the cemetery. We did not take photographs at that time, 1990's. I will get out and take a photo for you asap. I will post it to this site and/or our face book page.
                  > Pat
                  >
                  > --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mmdallastexas@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thanks. We've been there. Unfortunately 'steamer' who added the info died. There is also an outstanding photo request that my sister did a few years ago. So I cannot do another.
                  > >
                  > > So I just thought I'd try another avenue.
                  > >
                  > > Regards
                  > >
                  > > Mike
                  > >
                  > > --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, Lorri Hill <larooh@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I found this on FIND A GRAVE, but there is no picture. You can go to their site & request one.Find a grave: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=adkins&GSiman=1&GScid=734288&GRid=64130078& Birth: 1871 Death: 1922Burial:
                  > > > Worthington Cemetery
                  > > > Worthington
                  > > > Nobles County
                  > > > Minnesota, USA
                  > > > Plot: Sec A Row 5
                  > > > Created by: steamerfan
                  > > > Record added: Jan 12, 2011
                  > > > Find A Grave Memorial# 64130078
                  > > > To: NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com
                  > > > From: mmdallastexas@
                  > > > Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:25:21 +0000
                  > > > Subject: [NoblesCountyMN] Robert Weaver Adkins in Worthington Cemetary

                • damian rippberger
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013

                    Michael, just saw the headstone photo of Robert Adkins on find a grave. Great photo, Thank you Patrick Demuth. Michael, you can probably have F.A.G transfer the memorial to you so you can maintaine  it.

                    Damian Rippberger