Oltman Schmidt b 1829

  • vicgarro
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2012
      I am looking for an obituary of Oltman Schmidt b 1829 d Oct 31, 1907 and also an obituary of his wife Almuth Schmidt b feb 5 1834 d mar 24, 1904 or 1905, have found both dates on different trees on ancestry and don't know which is correct.

      I understand they lived on a farm. Would you have a plat map showing their farm ownership?

      Thank you very much for your help.
    • Nobles County Historical Society
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2012
        I do not have obituaries in my data base, it is possible that they exist, but I don't have the time to go to the library to scan the microfilms as I am the only one that works here.    Our information on Almuth J (Polman) Schmidt is that she was born on feb 5, 1834 and died on Mar 24, 1905 (that info was taken from the grave marker), Oltman  was born Dec 16, 1829 and died Oct 31, 1907.

        They did buy land in Bloom Township in 1890 however I do not have any plat maps between 1888 & 1914 to show that they lived there, they bought land in section 11, 14 & 15.

        I will try to find some time to go to the Library in hopes of finding the obits.

        Sincerely,

        Carolyn Soper

        --
        Nobles County Historical Society