Obits

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2011
      I am looking for help in finding obituaries for two family members who lived in Worthington. Lucius Beckley who died May 5 1929 and Martha M. Beckley who died March 21 1928. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I have the death certificates from the state but obits would be nice to see what information is there. Lucius and Martha were my wife's great-grandparents. I will be happy to pay for any costs involved. Thank-you very much.
    • Robert Rohrer
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2011
        I am not sure if this is pertinent, but there is an H.G. Beckley pictured in two photos in a 1901 Pamphlet of Worthington, for which the index is available on-line at:
        http://www.wgtn.net/historical/city_1901/index_list.htm

        There are these Beckley's mentioned in the A.P. Rose book (For those outside the county, this is the basic early historical reference for the Worthington area);

        BECKLEY     Clarasa     453

        BECKLEY     Eugene E.   453

        BECKLEY     Harvey G.   453

        BECKLEY     Harvey G.   283

        BECKLEY     Jennie M.   189

        BECKLEY     Jennie M.   453

        BECKLEY     Joseph      453

        BECKLEY     L. H.       453

        BECKLEY     L. H.       173

        BECKLEY     Martha      453

        I am not aware of the A.P. Rose book being available to be read nor searched on-line.

        Regards,
        Bob Rohrer

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2011
          "An Illustrated History of Nobles County," by A. Rose, c1908, is available online at:

          Happy Genealogy Hunting!

        • Nobles County Historical Society
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2011
          • 1 Attachment
          • 1.6 MB
          I have articles on the death of L H (Lucious) Beckley and Mrs L H Beckley (Martha M Austin).  Both are buried in the Worthington Cemetery.

          Not sure they will turn out if not i will have to mail you copies.  Let me know.

          Carolyn

          --
          Nobles County Historical Society