RE: [NoblesCountyMN] Nobles County Photographs On Line

  • Lorri Hill
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10 9:10 AM
      How do we submitted photos for this website.  It's wonderful!

      To: NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com
      From: demuth@...
      Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:52:27 +0000
      Subject: [NoblesCountyMN] Nobles County Photographs On Line

      The Nobles County Historical Society has about 160 photographs on line at the Minnesota Digital Library Website. Information and links below:

      Minnesota Reflections now brings you nearly 45,000 images and documents shared by more than 98 cultural heritage organizations across the state. This site offers a variety of resources on Minnesota's history for researchers, educators, students, and the public. We add throughout the year so check back often. Links:

      http://reflections. mndigital. org/cdm4/ browse.php? CISOROOT= %2Fp15160coll4

      http://reflections. mndigital. org/index. php

    • PatD
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14 4:22 AM
        In answer to Lori's question about how to submitted photos to the Minnesota Digital Library and it's Minnesota Reflections project. At this point they are only taking images from " formal organizations which open their collections to the public". After talking to them what they are looking for are non-profit organizations such as county historical historical societies and libraries. The minimum quantity is 50 images. The images have to taken in Minnesota and hold a general interest to the public.

        The Nobles County Historical has another 50 plus photographs ready to go to the cities for scanning. We are looking for someone to take them to the State Historical Society in St. Paul. If you are going that way and would be willing to take a small box to the society please email me. (demuth@...)