Land records

  • larooh1
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2009
      I'm planning on submitting an application for a Pioneer Certificate (if these are still being issued), but I need to know how to go abt. getting copies of land records from abt. 1888 for Elk Twp, Worthington. Thank you
    • llucht
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2009
        Contact Nobles County Recorder 507-295-5268

        --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, "larooh1" <larooh@...> wrote:

        > I'm planning on submitting an application for a Pioneer Certificate (if these are still being issued), but I need to know how to go abt. getting copies of land records from abt. 1888 for Elk Twp, Worthington. Thank you

      • Nobles County Historical Society
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14, 2009
          what is the surname that you are looking for

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 14, 2009
            I contacted the Recorder's office, but they document numbers. Is there someone that could do some research for me?

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 14, 2009
              The surnames I'm looking for are APEL, William 1888, 1914, 1923 plus other APEL's and DAHLHEIM, John 1888, 1891. I have the section/range descriptions. Any suggestions?

              --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, "larooh1" <larooh@...> wrote:

              > I contacted the Recorder's office, but they need document numbers. Is there someone that could do some research for me?
              >
              > --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, "llucht" <LuchtLaw@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Contact Nobles County Recorder 507-295-5268
              > >
              > > --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, "larooh1" <larooh@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I'm planning on submitting an application for a Pioneer Certificate (if these are still being issued), but I need to know how to go abt. getting copies of land records from abt. 1888 for Elk Twp, Worthington. Thank you

            • Larry C. Lucht
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 14, 2009
                If you are located near Worthington, I would suggest going to the recorder's
                office. They have several indexes where you can search by name (called
                grantor/grantee index)) and/or area of the county (tract index). The staff
                at the recorder's office are very helpful and with some assistance you can
                find the documents that you are looking for and obtain copies. Otherwise, I
                suspect that Trip Abstract Company 507-372-2133 would do the search for you
                and obtain the information that you seek (for a fee, of course). Good luck!

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 14, 2009
                  Thanks for the help. I'm in San Diego, so not too close to Worthington. I'll try the company you recommended.