Genealogy Search - Several ways To Find Out Your Lineage

  • vaqysrhuobyy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2009
      Genealogy can bring a lot of advantages to our lives, apart from giving a tribute to our ancestors, because of whom we are here today in this world. Our ancestors have an important part to play in our existence , due to which some people regard them with great deference. This very notion has led to a beginning of a new field, genealogy.
      A study of genealogy would befit us in many ways. Some of its cons include identifying our relatives across the county, or probably even across the globe. Genealogy helps us in knowing the meanings of the names of our relatives. The ultimate advantage is the familiarity we get about the probable health condition we might possess and transfer to our younger generations, just like our ancestors.
      Genealogy search can be made successful, with the aid of certain tools which helps us in tracing our family lines.
      Kindling curiosity by telling stories: While doing a proper genealogy search, one takes efforts to listen to stories form members of the family and other relatives and colleagues. In studies pertaining to genealogy, this is called Oral history. Oral history could be done by emphasizing the motive through letters and also phone calls. Whilst making phone calls, its better to have a prepared question set in hand to avoid stammering and repetition. Another way, is by having interactions face to face. These ways are sufficient to kindle the memories of any individuals, who might provide us with certain evidences. These evidences may constitute an important part in tracing our family line.
      The WWW: The development of technology has bought with itself numerous benefits, with genealogy search being on of them. The internet provides us with numerous free genealogy search websites. These free services provide only limited information. These information can be enhanced to a different level of research if we avail a paid service to assist us.
      Information such as the names of ancestors, their death, birth and marriage can be obtained through the internet by careful, patient and skilled searching. Some websites provide us with information regarding the type of employment and location.
      Testing using DNA:
      The developments in medical technologies have enabled us to use DNA for establishing proofs of relationships among persons. DNA testing can be classified into two types. These testing can be done by searching the genealogy websites. these two ways are mainly Y testing and mtDna testing, which are also called paternal and maternal lineage chromosomes respectively.
      1. The test of y-line: This type of DNA testing provides us with several distinctive features which are used by the genealogists. This chromosome breaks out as a result of the repeated rearrangement of the genes of parents. The Y-chromosome is transferred from father to son, and is possessed only by male individuals.
      2. Testing of mtDna: mTDna is mitochondrial DNA test. this is passed from mother to daughters and lays the emphasis on the maternal line.
      It is better to have done some groundwork through the internet or through oral interviews. The genealogists adopt the procedure of DNA testing as it proves the relation scientifically and establishes the relationship.