Historic Photos need a ride!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2009
      The Nobles County Historical Society has been approved for project with the Minnesota Digital Library, www.mndigital.org . The Society has selected 180 photographs that will be scanned and uploaded to the libraries website. We are very excited about this project and have a volunteer who will enter the meta-data, (photograph descriptions) onto the website so the photographs can be found with a key word search.

      What we need help with is getting a box of photographs to the Sleepy Eye, Springfield area on this Friday, (September 11th) or up to the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Andersen Library sometime with in the next few weeks. This is where the scanning center for the MN Digital Library is located. Is someone can give the photographs a ride please let us know, call the historical society and leave a call back number so we can contact you. The Society's phone number is 507-376-4431