Re: [NoblesCountyMN] Request for information

  • Nobles County Historical Society
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
      We did find the article that they were on their way on July 24, 1951,
      and another one on July 26, 1951 that they were here with pictures,
      however the one on July 26th would not print correctly, we are going
      to retry tomorrow.

      Thanks

      Carolyn Soper

      --
      Nobles County Historical Society
    • joe
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 2009
        Hi
        I am a fellow church member of Doris Steens. She lives about 3-4 miles from
        me in her own home yet. She sold the big home that her parents built , also
        known as the Lakeville farm. She is 102 years old this year & comes to
        church every Sunday. morning. She used to play the organ in our church for
        years.
        Here is her address Doris Steen 27147 Paul Ave Worthington MN 56187 phone
        is 507-376-4571
        Her daughter is Mary Hill & she lives at 78582 330th Ave Worthington MN
        56187 & her phone is 507-842-5402
        Doris is very sharp so she should just be more than happy to give you her
        information. Good luck & talk to you later.
        Carol Pospisil You can tell her I give you the info

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 20, 2009
          Patricia : we have a very poor quality picture from the newspaper,
          along with the text, and the other small article to send to you,
          however, I have no address. Please advise.

          Carolyn
          NCHS

          --
          Nobles County Historical Society
        • inzy
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 23, 2009
            Hi Joe
            Thank you for the lead but she did not know any of my family  members.   She had trouble hearing too but I appreciate your help.  I did talk to her daughter also but they were not familiar with them .  I have some information but I am trying to find direct descendents so I can see if any have pictures of my great grandparents or of my father .  I will keep pulling up death certificates lol til i find what I want but thank you again
            Janet

            >> I'm not sure if you can help me with this, but I was referred to
            > your society as per a newspaper contact. I'm hoping to get a copy of
            > an old article in regards to my mother and family. They arrived there
            > in 1951. Supposedly there was an article about them, as being the
            > first German immigrants to the area since the War. I was hoping to
            > gather any copies of information or pictures I could in regards to
            > this. I was wondering if maybe your society might have some
            > information about this. I have what I knew posted at the bottom of
            > this letter. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
            > Thank you!
            >>

            >> > I was told there was an article about my mother (Karin Olthoff
            > & family Dietrich & Meti parents, Dietrick, Magda, & Renate
            > sibilings) when she immigrated to the U.S. from Germany. She had said
            > they were featered in the newspaper. They arrived in New York
            > 7/23/1951 and headed directly out to their sponsor in Worthington,
            > MN.. Lakeview Farm. Their sponsor was John Steen. I would assume the
            > article may have been sometime end of July to August of 1951.
            >> >
            >> > I would really appreciate any assistance in this matter. Please
            > email me with any further questions or for contact numbers.
            > -Patricia

          • bobe
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 23, 2009
              Inzy, can you ask Joe to ask Doris if she knows anything about S.R. Thompson, who lived there from about 1897 -1910? I know that was before her birth, but she might recollect hearing of S.R. and Annie Thompson, farmers, who lived there during those early days.

              Thanks,

              Bob Elliott