Request for information

  • esoraeth
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
      Hello,
      > I'm not sure if you can help me with this, but I was referred to
      your society as per a newspaper contact. I'm hoping to get a copy of
      an old article in regards to my mother and family. They arrived there
      in 1951. Supposedly there was an article about them, as being the
      first German immigrants to the area since the War. I was hoping to
      gather any copies of information or pictures I could in regards to
      this. I was wondering if maybe your society might have some
      information about this. I have what I knew posted at the bottom of
      this letter. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you!

      > > I was told there was an article about my mother (Karin Olthoff
      & family Dietrich & Meti parents, Dietrick, Magda, & Renate
      sibilings) when she immigrated to the U.S. from Germany. She had said
      they were featered in the newspaper. They arrived in New York
      7/23/1951 and headed directly out to their sponsor in Worthington,
      MN.. Lakeview Farm. Their sponsor was John Steen. I would assume the
      article may have been sometime end of July to August of 1951.

      > > I would really appreciate any assistance in this matter. Please
      email me with any further questions or for contact numbers.
      -Patricia
    • Nobles County Historical Society
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
        We did find the article that they were on their way on July 24, 1951,
        and another one on July 26, 1951 that they were here with pictures,
        however the one on July 26th would not print correctly, we are going
        to retry tomorrow.

        Thanks

        Carolyn Soper

        --
        Nobles County Historical Society
      • joe
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 18, 2009
          Hi
          I am a fellow church member of Doris Steens. She lives about 3-4 miles from
          me in her own home yet. She sold the big home that her parents built , also
          known as the Lakeville farm. She is 102 years old this year & comes to
          church every Sunday. morning. She used to play the organ in our church for
          years.
          Here is her address Doris Steen 27147 Paul Ave Worthington MN 56187 phone
          is 507-376-4571
          Her daughter is Mary Hill & she lives at 78582 330th Ave Worthington MN
          56187 & her phone is 507-842-5402
          Doris is very sharp so she should just be more than happy to give you her
          information. Good luck & talk to you later.
          Carol Pospisil You can tell her I give you the info

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 20, 2009
            Patricia : we have a very poor quality picture from the newspaper,
            along with the text, and the other small article to send to you,
            however, I have no address. Please advise.

            Carolyn
            NCHS

            --
            Nobles County Historical Society
          • inzy
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 23, 2009
              Hi Joe
              Thank you for the lead but she did not know any of my family  members.   She had trouble hearing too but I appreciate your help.  I did talk to her daughter also but they were not familiar with them .  I have some information but I am trying to find direct descendents so I can see if any have pictures of my great grandparents or of my father .  I will keep pulling up death certificates lol til i find what I want but thank you again
              Janet

              >> I'm not sure if you can help me with this, but I was referred to
              > your society as per a newspaper contact. I'm hoping to get a copy of
              > an old article in regards to my mother and family. They arrived there
              > in 1951. Supposedly there was an article about them, as being the
              > first German immigrants to the area since the War. I was hoping to
              > gather any copies of information or pictures I could in regards to
              > this. I was wondering if maybe your society might have some
              > information about this. I have what I knew posted at the bottom of
              > this letter. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
              > Thank you!
              >>

              >> > I was told there was an article about my mother (Karin Olthoff
              > & family Dietrich & Meti parents, Dietrick, Magda, & Renate
              > sibilings) when she immigrated to the U.S. from Germany. She had said
              > they were featered in the newspaper. They arrived in New York
              > 7/23/1951 and headed directly out to their sponsor in Worthington,
              > MN.. Lakeview Farm. Their sponsor was John Steen. I would assume the
              > article may have been sometime end of July to August of 1951.
              >> >
              >> > I would really appreciate any assistance in this matter. Please
              > email me with any further questions or for contact numbers.
              > -Patricia

            • bobe
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 23, 2009
                Inzy, can you ask Joe to ask Doris if she knows anything about S.R. Thompson, who lived there from about 1897 -1910? I know that was before her birth, but she might recollect hearing of S.R. and Annie Thompson, farmers, who lived there during those early days.

                Thanks,

                Bob Elliott