Looking for descendants of Ole and Ida Jensem / Jensen

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2009
      The letter below was sent to the Daily Globe, they have asked the
      Historical Society's help in tracking down the descendants of Ole and
      Ida.
      Pat D.

      This past August before returning a rental vehicle, I was cleaning out
      the inside and found a photograph from June 13, 1943 of a couple named
      "Ole and Ida Jensem." The caption on the front of the photo says
      "Taken June 13, 1943 at Worthington , Minnesota."

      This is a wedding photo taken by Rickers Photo, Worthington , Minnesota.

      They are a beautiful couple and the photo, of course, is in sepia
      tone. I'm guessing the vehicle was used to move belongings of a loved
      one and, being the sentimental type, wish not to throw this picture out.

      I live in St. Charles , Missouri hardly in your neighborhood. Is it
      possible, by any stretch of the imagination, this name is familiar to
      anyone?

      Thank you for whatever help or suggestion you can give me.
      Sincerely,
      Regina Hollrah
    • Robert Rohrer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2009
        I would suggest that they, by themselves, either use the 14 day free trial offer on Ancestry.com to find out who these people are, OR utilize their LOCAL historical society to help them determine this.

        It is puzzling to me why they bypassed their local historical society, bypassed the Nobles County Historical Society and contacted the Worthington Daily Globe instead.

        The photo was reportedly being transported in that rental car prior to the senders rental use of the same vehicle. Who was the person who was renting the vehicle previous to that time? Seeking who recently had rented that vehicle prior to their rental of the car, will probably give them some clues about who the current, alive, relatives are, and where they live.

        I would ask where the photo is, but I don't think it is necessary.

        Regards,
        Bob Rohrer

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2009
            Raymond -

            I think the most likely place would be to see if there is a wedding
            write up in the Globe mid - June 1943. " The caption on the front of the
            photo says "Taken June 13, 1943 at Worthington , Minnesota."

            The Society has a volunteer who does this stuff but she has not been
            around because of the weather.