Re: Worthington Newspaper Transcriptions

  • tmindock
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2007
      Ray,

      Thanks so much for the kind words! As for your page load problem, are
      you using Safari? If so, I found a web site where someone explained a
      possible solution. I've copied what they wrote, below:

      -------------BEGIN QUOTE--------------------------
      "Clear your Safari cache (Safari > Empty Cache...). Clear your
      Safari History (History > Clear History). Clear your Safari Autofill
      cache (Safari > Preferences : AutoFill : "Edit" Button next to "Other
      Forms" click "Remove All"). Try quitting Safari now and again, too (it
      seems to have big memory structures that bog it down if left open for
      days on end). If that doesn't help, back up your bookmarks and
      passwords and try resetting Safari."
      -------------END QUOTE----------------------------

      Since I don't have a Mac, this is just a guess. I hope this helps.

      Terri

      --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, Raymond Crippen <rac8@...> wrote:

      > Bless you Terri Mindock. Commendations and thanks.
      >
      > However - I can't get the website on-screen. All I get is the
      > spinning colored ball.
      >
      > Ray Crippen
      >
      > On Nov 27, 2007, at 12:37 PM, tmindock wrote:
      >
      > > I am in the process of transcribing some articles from The Worthington
      > > Advance. I'm currently working on 1908-1910. You may find them here:
      > > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~laneblood/newsmn.html
      > >
      > > Terri Mindock

    • fredrobertbob
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2008
        wrote:

        > Bless you Terri Mindock. Commendations and thanks.
        >
        > However - I can't get the website on-screen. All I
        get is the
        > spinning colored ball.
        >
        > Ray Crippen
        >
        > On Nov 27, 2007, at 12:37 PM, tmindock wrote:
        >
        > > I am in the process of transcribing some articles from The
        Worthington
        > > Advance. I'm currently working on 1908-1910. You may find them
        here:
        > > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~laneblood/newsmn.html
        > >
        > > Terri Mindock

        Thanks for the transcription effort. I have found this useful in
        searching for references to Bathhouses ("bath") and Lake Okabena
        references ( "okabena" or "lake")
        Bob Rohrer