Worthington Newspaper Transcriptions

  • tmindock
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2007
      I am in the process of transcribing some articles from The Worthington
      Advance. I'm currently working on 1908-1910. You may find them here:
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~laneblood/newsmn.html

      Terri Mindock
    • Raymond Crippen

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 9, 2007
          Ray,

          Thanks so much for the kind words! As for your page load problem, are
          you using Safari? If so, I found a web site where someone explained a
          possible solution. I've copied what they wrote, below:

          -------------BEGIN QUOTE--------------------------
          "Clear your Safari cache (Safari > Empty Cache...). Clear your
          Safari History (History > Clear History). Clear your Safari Autofill
          cache (Safari > Preferences : AutoFill : "Edit" Button next to "Other
          Forms" click "Remove All"). Try quitting Safari now and again, too (it
          seems to have big memory structures that bog it down if left open for
          days on end). If that doesn't help, back up your bookmarks and
          passwords and try resetting Safari."
          -------------END QUOTE----------------------------

          Since I don't have a Mac, this is just a guess. I hope this helps.

          Terri

          --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, Raymond Crippen <rac8@...> wrote:

          > Bless you Terri Mindock. Commendations and thanks.
          >
          > However - I can't get the website on-screen. All I get is the
          > spinning colored ball.
          >
          > Ray Crippen
          >
          > On Nov 27, 2007, at 12:37 PM, tmindock wrote:
          >
          > > I am in the process of transcribing some articles from The Worthington
          > > Advance. I'm currently working on 1908-1910. You may find them here:
          > > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~laneblood/newsmn.html
          > >
          > > Terri Mindock

        • fredrobertbob
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 4:30 PM
            wrote:

            > Bless you Terri Mindock. Commendations and thanks.
            >
            > However - I can't get the website on-screen. All I
            get is the
            > spinning colored ball.
            >
            > Ray Crippen
            >
            > On Nov 27, 2007, at 12:37 PM, tmindock wrote:
            >
            > > I am in the process of transcribing some articles from The
            Worthington
            > > Advance. I'm currently working on 1908-1910. You may find them
            here:
            > > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~laneblood/newsmn.html
            > >
            > > Terri Mindock

            Thanks for the transcription effort. I have found this useful in
            searching for references to Bathhouses ("bath") and Lake Okabena
            references ( "okabena" or "lake")
            Bob Rohrer