Feits in Nobles County

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2005
      Pat & Group,

      I'm looking for some specific info on some individuals within the
      Feit family that resided in Nobles County.

      ***Anna (FEIT) FLETCHER - b. abt. 1886, d. 27 Jan 1978 in Rushmore,
      Nobles, MN, married to Roy Fletcher -- looking for birthplace and
      parental information (possibly if you have an obit on file)

      ***Clara (FEIT) GORDON - b. 10 Jun 1888, d. 8 Mar 1967 in
      Worthington, married to Bill Gordon. -- I'm looking for parental
      information on both. Clara is a sister to Anna (FEIT) Fletcher, and
      to John N. Feit of Beatrice, NE.

      ***Leo Edward Feit - b. abt. 1894, listed just below Mrs. Josephine
      Feit and Anna Feit in Elk Twp, Nobles, Minnesota on the 1910 U.S.
      Census data. His birthplace is listed as Illinois on the Census. I
      believe this may be the son of Josephine, and brother to Anna.

      ***Mrs. Josephine Feit - b. abt. 1853, and died in Worthington on 30
      Mar 1923 -- Who was her husband?? According to the 1920 U.S. census
      information, she was living with Leo Feit, and it shows her place of
      birth as Luxembourg, and she spoke German. It also shows that the
      father's place of birth to be Luxembourg, but no father is listed
      with the familial group (which I assume to mean he was deceased).
      The 1920 Census data also shows that Roy and Anna (FEIT) FLETCHER
      were part of this family group...Anna was the daughter of Josephine.

      I believe the father of Anna, Leo, Clara, and John N. to be John
      Nickolaus (or Nickolaus John) Feit (b. 1841 in Bissen, LUX), however
      I have no documentation that can help me prove this, HELP??

      THANKS!!

      Kevin Feit