Re: [NoblesCountyMN] Digest Number 215

  • kbcunning@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17 9:49 AM
      Hi Lynn,

      After checking the 1930 census and seeing your Hiebe and Anna Rust in Nobles
      County, I took the information given there about Hiebe and traced him through
      the 1900 census in Iowa, where the 1930 said he had been born abt 1897. I
      found him in 1900 living with his parents and siblings in the town of Viola,
      Osceola County, Iowa. That 1900 information on the Rust family in that town is
      copied for you below. I notice, in the later 1930 MN census, that your Hiebe
      Rust and his wife Anna later named one of their sons after Hiebe's father,
      Rentje.

      1900 US Census -- Viola, Osceola Co., IA:

      RUST, Rentje -- head of house, farmer, born December 1855 in Germany; to U.S.
      in 1882; naturalized citizen; married 12 years; parents born Germany.
      RUST, Becke -- wife, born July 1862 in Germany, to U.S. in 1885; married 12
      years; parents born Germany.
      RUST, Trientji -- daughter, born July 1888 in Iowa.
      RUST, Casper -- son, born November 1891 in Iowa.
      RUST, HIEBE -- son, born December 1896 in Iowa.
      RUST, Butka -- daughter, born in Iowa (sorry I forgot to note the year on
      her).

      I hope that helps fill in the blanks for you, Lynn.

      Best!

      Kathe C.
      Chicago