Re: Looking for August Strom ~1880~

    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2004
      Eric -
      I did a search of our master database for the Strom surname. I don't
      see a lot of info. that will help you. The August Strom from the Rose
      History of Nobles County says in 1890 August Strom was appointed
      police officer in Worthington. Let me know if any of the other
      entries looks interesting and I will see if I can get a copy email to
      you.

      Volunteer
      Pat Demuth

      SURNAME FIRST_NAME PAGE SOURCE NOTES
      STROHM Ray 1909-1998 Gen/file
      STROHM Ira L. 65 Cemetery Book #1
      STROHM Francis C. 65 Cemetery Book #1
      STROHM Pauline 96 Nobles Co. Marriage Index 20 Mar 1930
      STROM Maralee F. 1943-1992 Gen/file
      STROM Bonde Clifford 84 In The World War 1917 1918 1919 Photo
      STROM DAVE 70 Rushmore Centennial 1878-1978 PICTURE 1973
      STROM DAVE 67 Rushmore Centennial 1878-1978
      STROM Walter F. 65 Cemetery Book #1
      STROM Perry A.vin 65 Cemetery Book #1
      STROM Lester R. 65 Cemetery Book #1
      STROM Ida May 65 Cemetery Book #1
      STROM Helen I. 65 Cemetery Book #1
      STROM Harry Heig book 1963-1967
      STROM Mr./Mrs. Rolland 50th ann. '1990 Gen/file
      STROM E. Grace O'Neale (Mrs. Bradford H.) 1895-1977
      Gen/file
      STROM Alvin C. 1924-1989 Gen/file
      STROM Betty Mae Roetman 1927-1989 Gen/file
      STROM Harry 65 Cemetery Book #1
      STROM Betty Mae Roetman (Mrs. Alvin) 1927-1989 Gen/file

      STROM Maralee F. 1943-1992 Gen/file
      STROM Harry 1883-1965 Gen/file
      STROM Harry 1883-1965 SB100 P68
      STROM Harry 12-28-1883 - 10-15-1965 Heig Obit SB 1963-67 P. 17

      STROM Lester Envelope 5 Weddings & ann.
      STROM Lester Envelope 7
      STROM Harry 147 Nobles Co. History, Goff
      STROM Harry 245 Nobles Co. History, Goff
      STROM Harry 245 Nobles Co. History, Goff
      STROM Harry 245 Nobles Co. History, Goff
      STROM Mrs Harry 280 Nobles Co. History, Goff
      STROM Mrs Harry 280 Nobles Co. History, Goff
      STROM Wlater 245 Nobles Co. History, Goff
      STROM Thomas H. 297 Service Record WW 1 & WW 2 Nobles Co.
      MN Nobles County Servicemen and Women
      STROM Harry 41 Reading Minnesota 1899-1999
      STROM Harry 177 Nobles Co. History, Goff
      STROM Harry 228 Nobles Co. History, Goff
      STROM Elizabeth 229 Nobles Co. History, Goff
      STROM Bonde C 231 Nobles Co. History, Goff
      STROM August 176 Nobles Co. History, Rose
      STROM Rolland L. 297 Service Record WW 1 & WW 2 Nobles Co.

      --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, "eric01112" <eric@s...> wrote:
      > He came to Worthington working on the railroad and met his wife
      Emma Palm. They had
      > their first son (that I know of) in 1883 Jon Harry Strom, then a
      daughter Anna Strom. I am
      > looking for a marriage record from around 1880 (or so). of course
      any other records that
      > may contain his date of birth or other info would be helpful in
      tracing him back to Sweden.
      > The family lore says that he changed his name when he immigrated so
      I need all the detail
      > The following generations attended the Worthington Church of the
      Bretheren, but the
      > church did not exist before 191X sometime so maybe another church
      from the same area
      > near Reading, but in Nobles county I think.
      >
      > I believe he was a city dweller (in Worthington?), his son drove
      horse-carriage for a
      > politician as a job when he was growing up and only later in life
      turned to farming.