Looking for August Strom ~1880~

  • eric01112
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14 12:14 AM
      I have just recently begun searching for my g-g-Granddad.

      He came to Worthington working on the railroad and met his wife Emma Palm. They had
      their first son (that I know of) in 1883 Jon Harry Strom, then a daughter Anna Strom. I am
      looking for a marriage record from around 1880 (or so). of course any other records that
      may contain his date of birth or other info would be helpful in tracing him back to Sweden.
      The family lore says that he changed his name when he immigrated so I need all the detail
      I can get + lots of luck.

      The following generations attended the Worthington Church of the Bretheren, but the
      church did not exist before 191X sometime so maybe another church from the same area
      near Reading, but in Nobles county I think.

      I believe he was a city dweller (in Worthington?), his son drove horse-carriage for a
      politician as a job when he was growing up and only later in life turned to farming.

      Photos are here if it helps!
      http://www.strom.homeip.net/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Strom_history

      Any help would be appreciated,
      Eric Strom
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2004
        Eric -
        I did a search of our master database for the Strom surname. I don't
        see a lot of info. that will help you. The August Strom from the Rose
        History of Nobles County says in 1890 August Strom was appointed
        police officer in Worthington. Let me know if any of the other
        entries looks interesting and I will see if I can get a copy email to
        you.

        Volunteer
        Pat Demuth

        SURNAME FIRST_NAME PAGE SOURCE NOTES
        STROHM Ray 1909-1998 Gen/file
        STROHM Ira L. 65 Cemetery Book #1
        STROHM Francis C. 65 Cemetery Book #1
        STROHM Pauline 96 Nobles Co. Marriage Index 20 Mar 1930
        STROM Maralee F. 1943-1992 Gen/file
        STROM Bonde Clifford 84 In The World War 1917 1918 1919 Photo
        STROM DAVE 70 Rushmore Centennial 1878-1978 PICTURE 1973
        STROM DAVE 67 Rushmore Centennial 1878-1978
        STROM Walter F. 65 Cemetery Book #1
        STROM Perry A.vin 65 Cemetery Book #1
        STROM Lester R. 65 Cemetery Book #1
        STROM Ida May 65 Cemetery Book #1
        STROM Helen I. 65 Cemetery Book #1
        STROM Harry Heig book 1963-1967
        STROM Mr./Mrs. Rolland 50th ann. '1990 Gen/file
        STROM E. Grace O'Neale (Mrs. Bradford H.) 1895-1977
        Gen/file
        STROM Alvin C. 1924-1989 Gen/file
        STROM Betty Mae Roetman 1927-1989 Gen/file
        STROM Harry 65 Cemetery Book #1
        STROM Betty Mae Roetman (Mrs. Alvin) 1927-1989 Gen/file

        STROM Maralee F. 1943-1992 Gen/file
        STROM Harry 1883-1965 Gen/file
        STROM Harry 1883-1965 SB100 P68
        STROM Harry 12-28-1883 - 10-15-1965 Heig Obit SB 1963-67 P. 17

        STROM Lester Envelope 5 Weddings & ann.
        STROM Lester Envelope 7
        STROM Harry 147 Nobles Co. History, Goff
        STROM Harry 245 Nobles Co. History, Goff
        STROM Harry 245 Nobles Co. History, Goff
        STROM Harry 245 Nobles Co. History, Goff
        STROM Mrs Harry 280 Nobles Co. History, Goff
        STROM Mrs Harry 280 Nobles Co. History, Goff
        STROM Wlater 245 Nobles Co. History, Goff
        STROM Thomas H. 297 Service Record WW 1 & WW 2 Nobles Co.
        MN Nobles County Servicemen and Women
        STROM Harry 41 Reading Minnesota 1899-1999
        STROM Harry 177 Nobles Co. History, Goff
        STROM Harry 228 Nobles Co. History, Goff
        STROM Elizabeth 229 Nobles Co. History, Goff
        STROM Bonde C 231 Nobles Co. History, Goff
        STROM August 176 Nobles Co. History, Rose
        STROM Rolland L. 297 Service Record WW 1 & WW 2 Nobles Co.