Joseph Taylor

  • blombo92026
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2004
      I am trying to locate information on my second great-grandfather,
      Joseph Taylor. He was born in Illinois in 1856, and probally came
      to the Worthington area around 1900. He died in 1941 and is buried
      in the Church of the Brethren cemetery out in Reading, MN. I can't
      find his death certificate on the Minnesota historical society
      webpage.

      One question I have is, Joseph's tombstone is two sections that bolt
      together and the bolts have rusted and have broken into two pieces.
      Any ideas who to contact on getting it fixed? It's been broken for
      at least 10 years and no one has done anything to it yet, but I'd
      like to fix it before anything happens to it. I'm out of state which
      makes it hard.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2004
        --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, "blombo92026"
        > One question I have is, Joseph's tombstone is two sections that
        bolt
        > together and the bolts have rusted and have broken into two
        pieces.
        > Any ideas who to contact on getting it fixed? It's been broken for
        > at least 10 years and no one has done anything to it yet, but I'd
        > like to fix it before anything happens to it.

        The only monument company in the area that does repair/replace is:

        Worthington Monument Works, 1214 Oxford St., Worthington, MN 56187
        (507) 376-4111