Re: [NoblesCountyMN] Digest Number 174

  • kbcunning@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2003
      TO: LORRI
      RE: OBIT -- IDA DAHLHEIM HAGGE

      Hi Lorri,

      I don't have access to obituaries but the census records pulled up your Ida
      and Amelia Dahlheim for me. Here's the information on Ida and on her parents:

      1930 U.S. census shows Ida Hagge, age 54, born IL, living as a widow in
      Worthington, Nobles County, MN. With her is her daughter, Irma E. Hagge, age 24,
      single, born MN.

      Given that the 1930 census identifies Ida's birthplace as Illinois, I checked
      the 1880 U.S. census and found Ida, her sister Amelia and their parents and
      siblings living in Cook County, IL. The census-taker spelled their surname
      Dohlheim. The family's entry in the 1880 census is copied for you below:

      1880 U.S. Census -- Washington Heights, Cook County, Illinois

      Dohlheim Household:

      John DOHLHEIM -- head of house, age 33, born Prussia, farmer, parents born
      Prussia.
      Louisa DOHLHEIM -- wife, age 27, born Prussia, keeping house, parents born
      Prussia.
      Amelia DOHLHEIM -- daughter, age 9, born Prussia.
      Albert DOHLHEIM -- son, age 8, born Prussia.
      Fritz DOHLHEIM -- son, age 6, born IL.
      Ida DOHLHEIM -- daughter, age 5, born IL.
      Emma DOHLHEIM -- daughter, age 4, born IL.
      Fritz PAHAL -- other, age 70, born Prussia, laborer.
      Bahata PAHAL -- other, age 60, born Prussia.

      I hope that helps you out, Lorrie.

      Best!

      Kathe C.
      Chicago