  • j0king89
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
      --- In NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com, "larooh1 <larooh@h...>"
      <larooh@h...> wrote:
      > I'm trying to find either an obituary or some other information
      > regarding my great uncle Lloyd APEL b. abt. 1892. I believe he
      > married Leona KINGERY abt. 3/21/1922(their son Lloyd Loren was born
      > abt. 1923).
      > The 1930 census for Worthington shows Leona APEL, a widow, & her
      > son, Loren, age 7, living with her father.
      > Now here's my dilemma:
      > He was injured during WWI. The 1930 census shows his wife, Leona
      > APEL, living with her father, unreadable KINGERY. She is shown
      > as "Wd" (widow), however, Amelia Dahlheim APEL's (his mother)
      > obituary 6/1942 mentions son Lloyd as living in Brawley, CA and
      > Chris APEL's (his father) obit 1951 mentions him living in
      > Harlington TX,but he is not listed on his son's death information of
      > 1943. When his brother, Fred, died in 1970, it seems that Lloyd
      > proceeded him in death.
      >
      > I believe Leona KINGERY married a second time to LeRoy Hansberger.
      > I'd like to have an obituary for her (she died Jan. 1978) and/or the
      > information on the 2nd marriage.
      >
      > I've searched the SSDI & haven't found anything and I can't find
      > him. And I've searched Ancestry.com census images. Any other
      > ideas? My grandmother is still living & said he wasn't around much
      > or much of a family man.
      >
      > I've been told Lloyd Sr. enlisted in WWI at a young age and son,
      > Lloyd was in the Navy & died in 1943 in a plane crash. The
      > information on Lloyd, Jr. was copied from a book, but I'm not sure
      > of the title. He's on pg 7 "Gold Star Boys". Perhaps there are
      > reference books in library of Nobles Co. citizens in the War.
      >
      > Thanks for any help. Lorri

      Lorri,
      You are correct. Leona Kingery remarried to LeRoy Hansberger on Aug
      14, 1931. She died January 19, 1978. LeRoy passed on July 15, 1991.
      His obituary should be in the Worthington Globe files. I have the
      clipping but not the date. I do not have Leona's obituary.
      I have no info on Lloyd Sr. or Jr. Am interested in your info.
      Leona is the 10th child of Madison (aka Matt) JC McClellan Kingery, my
      Great-Grand father).
      John