Re: [NoblesCountyMN] Charles Aldrich

  • Muriel Karschnik
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2002
      Pat;
      I found the obit in Worthington Globe, Thursday September 21, 1922, page 7
      It was in the Dundee news
      Charles W. Aldrich died here at his home Tuesday. Sept 12th at the age of 74
      years, and was buried Thursday at the Lutheran cemetery with Military
      honors, the Legion taking charge. The services were conducted by Rev. Larsen
      of Slayton. The pallbearers were Cliff Gedell, Emil Anderson, Walter Apple,
      Otto Brown, H. G. Lyons and Paul Scherlie. Otto Deutschman headed the
      procession carring the flag. Bugle taps were blown by R. C. Olson. Mr.
      Aldrich was born in Wisconsin June 1848, coming to Iowa in 1867 and then to
      Dundee in 1871 where he made his home since with the exception of a few
      years at the Soldier's home at Minneapolis. He enlisted in 1865 in the Civil
      War being in U. S. service six months. Those out of town who attended the
      funeral were Mr. Hamlin, O. W. Fish and son George and Olof Olson of Fulda.

      The Dec date is what is at the courthouse. I have a copy of the obit if you
      want it sent to someone.
      Muriel