Charles Aldrich

  • patdemuth <demuth@frontiernet.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2002
      Muriel -

      Do you have time to look for this obit?

      Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 11:22 AM
      To: demuth@frontiernet
      Subject: Charles W. Aldrich

      I am hoping that someone there can help me clarify a mystery. My
      ancestor,
      Charles W. Aldrich died in Dundee, Nobles, MN in 1922. According to
      his
      death certificate he died on 31 Dec 1922 in Dundee. There is no
      other info
      on the death certificate and I don't know when the information was
      submitted. Everything else is unknown. I have found that there is a
      Chas
      W. Aldrich buried in First Luthern Cemetery in Dundee that was a
      civil war
      veteran. He was from Co. A 36 Ill Infantry. I ordered these pension
      records and much of the information matches my Charles Aldrich but
      the
      pension records say that this Charles W. Aldrich died 12 September
      1922.
      Could it be possible that the death certificate is off? When I asked
      for
      an obit for Charles Aldrich several years ago none could be found for
      31
      Dec. 1922. Is it possible that there is an obit for around 12
      September
      1922? I have a strong suspicion that this is my Charles Aldrich and
      that
      his death certificate may be incorrect. Would it be possible to
      check for
      an obit for the September time period? I want to make sure info is
      correct as I want to submit the info for inclusion in the Civil War
      book
      that is being made for Nobles County. Could you also tell me if
      there are
      any records from a physician named C. P Dolan or an undertaker named
      O. C.
      Reuse. They were the names on the death certificate I obtained .
      That was
      the only other info on the death certificate. I am thinking if they
      made
      the death certificate say a year later they could have been off on
      the
      date. What do you think?