Birth Record Request

  • Jim Sherman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2002
      Dear Pat,

      Thank you very much for your response. Your information has been extremely helpful! First of all, you have confirmed that there is a birth record on file for my grandfather. Until now, there was some skepticism on whether he was really born there. Second, I noticed that his first name was spelled "Roland", not "Rolland" as it was spelled his whole life and as it was spelled on his death certificate. This may prove to be helpful going forward as various other searches have found many "Rolands" but no "Rollands". Third, it confirmed his middle name as John. There was some doubt about the accuracy of that as well.

      The identity I am ultimately looking for is the father of Rolland (and the maiden name of the mother would be very helpful as well). Now that you have confirmed the record exists, I can go ahead and write for a certificate. However, I am attempting to get the name of the father by Father's Day coming up soon. The father was supposedly deceased at the time of Rolland's birth and is a complete mystery. The only clues I have is that his name may have been John or Will. This case has been so difficult, this may be the only chance left to find documentation on him. It's like he never existed! My question is, how do I specifically find someone who would look up the information for me so I can get a quick response before Father's Day? If I can get the identity of the "mystery man", I would make it well worth their time to go look. I'm not necessarily looking for a volunteer. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. In the mean time, I truly appreciate the help you have provided.

      Regards,

      Jim Sherman