Stomberg

  • wyominglab0
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2001
      My name is Jim Stomberg. I was born Aug 29th, 1942. Any of my
      relatives out there? I was born in Adrian.
    • Dave Halm
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2001
        Hi Jim

        Do you know of any Rust relatives in Adrian / Worthington area?

        I have a Childa Stomberg/Stombach whose mother was a Rust in Ostfriesland,
        Germany.

        She supposely lived with the Arjen Rust family near Rushmore circa 1900.
        This is all the info I have except her brother Seeben Stomberg died in WW 1
        with the German Army.

        She supposedly was the only one to come to the US and married unknown.

        Another brother could have been Mann Stomberg.

        The name is spelled Stombach in my file but I feel it was Stomberg based on
        the German War Cemetery database.

        Give me a little more info and we can talk some more.

        Here is a link to my Rootsweb World Connect site. Look for Freerk Stombach
        (father).
        This site is down for maintenence right now (4:30 CST)

        http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=rust_lubbers

        Dave Halm
        Haverhill, Iowa

      • chadrell1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2001
          There is not too much on the Stombergs, but I will go through what I got, and get it to you. There was a Menno Neelen Stomberg  Born in Upleward Ostfriesland March 1845, Died March 1908. Buried in the First Baptist Cemetery in George Iowa. I think that he was my Grandpas Dad.

          Have A Great Day!
          Jim

          Second Chance St Bernard Rescue

          Second Chance PBGV Rescue Of Minnesota

          Big D's Dog Training
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
            I checked the Nobles County Gen. Database and only found three
            listings for Stombergs,
            SURNAME FIRST_NAME PAGE SOURCE
            STOMBERG, Anna 319 Cemetery Book #1
            STOMBERG, Neil 319 Cemetery Book #1
            STOMBERG, Eldon A. 297 Service Record WW 1 & WW 2 Nobles Co.
            MN

            Adrian City Cemetery
            Sec. 18 Southeast Quarter on Olney Twp.

            STOMBERG
            Neil, 1877-1961, father
            Anna, 1883-1982, mother

            In the Service Record book Eldon A. Stomberg appears on a list of
            servicemen from Nobles County, no other information.

            Hope this helps.

            Pat Demuth
            Volunteer
            Nobles County Gen. Group