Re: Remackel Family

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2001
      >His name was Frank Remackel (also known as Walter Frank)....possibly
      >adopted by Jacob and Anna Remackel. We believe his birthdate to be
      >July 1892-to-1895 but not sure where.
      > Shelley in Delta, BC
      > Canada

      Shelley -

      I take it you have not seen the Nobles County history that was
      published by Rose in 1908. There is a family biograph of Jacob
      Remackel on page 618. This was recently added to our database by
      Shirley Karle. If you have not seen it I can scan it and pass it
      along. In part it says:

      "Jacob Remackel, retired farmer of Wilmont, is a native of Luxemburg,
      where he was born Oct. 28, 1857. His parents were Nick and Anna (Shu)
      Remackel, both of whom died in Lexemburg, the former in 1888, aged 65
      years, the latter in 1890 aged 65 years."

      "He arrived in the new world March 7, 1880, and located in Dubuque
      County, Iowa."

      "He was married at Lyons, Clinton county, Jan. 8, 1884, to Annie
      Halfmann, who was born in Prussia Sept. 5, 1861, and who came to
      America and to Illinois on August 1, 1881. They are the parents of
      one child, Walter Francis, born in Wall Lake, Iowa, July 5, 1892."

      Does this should answer sone questions?

      Pat Demuth
      Volunteer
      Nobles County Gen. Group