Help Please

  • Shelley Sweeney
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2001
      Hi:

          It has been awhile that I posted anything here and I was hoping I could get someone out there that might know something about my grandfather.  His name was Frank Remackel (also known as Walter Frank)....possibly adopted by Jacob and Anna Remackel.  We believe his birthdate to be July 1892-to-1895 but not sure where.  His SS application states his birthplace as Davenport Iowa but that is negative for any records.  Jacob and Anna had a farm and lived for many years in Wilmont, MN.
          Is it too much work for someone to look up a will for me on either Jacob or Anna to determine if they mentioned Frank at all and in what context.  Anna died Dec. 26th, 1949 in Wilmont and Jacob died in Dec.1953 in Fairmont, MN.  We have quite a bit on Jacob and Anna but Frank remains a mystery!!    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

      Thanks in advance,

      Shelley in Delta, BC
      Canada
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2001
        >His name was Frank Remackel (also known as Walter Frank)....possibly
        >adopted by Jacob and Anna Remackel. We believe his birthdate to be
        >July 1892-to-1895 but not sure where.
        > Shelley in Delta, BC
        > Canada

        Shelley -

        I take it you have not seen the Nobles County history that was
        published by Rose in 1908. There is a family biograph of Jacob
        Remackel on page 618. This was recently added to our database by
        Shirley Karle. If you have not seen it I can scan it and pass it
        along. In part it says:

        "Jacob Remackel, retired farmer of Wilmont, is a native of Luxemburg,
        where he was born Oct. 28, 1857. His parents were Nick and Anna (Shu)
        Remackel, both of whom died in Lexemburg, the former in 1888, aged 65
        years, the latter in 1890 aged 65 years."

        "He arrived in the new world March 7, 1880, and located in Dubuque
        County, Iowa."

        "He was married at Lyons, Clinton county, Jan. 8, 1884, to Annie
        Halfmann, who was born in Prussia Sept. 5, 1861, and who came to
        America and to Illinois on August 1, 1881. They are the parents of
        one child, Walter Francis, born in Wall Lake, Iowa, July 5, 1892."

        Does this should answer sone questions?

        Pat Demuth
        Volunteer
        Nobles County Gen. Group