Peter Sommer 1900 Worthington Twp., MN

  • mclaughlin55
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2001
      Peter wasn't there after 1902/3. He had moved with his wife to
      Hancock, Stevens Co., MN by then...I don't know much about him
      though...I only knew Mabel as Grandma Sommer...she used to babysit me
      when Mom was at work...they had been living in Iowa for quite awhile
      by this time though...

      During Aug. 1904 they were leaving Denmark...I found this
      info in the Denmark Archives of Immigration...And on their form they
      listed their Destiny as Hancock, USA...I don't know why they listed
      Bornholm as Grandma's place of birth but it was probably for ease in
      filing...Grandma was born in Nebraska...

      Here is what the Denmark Archives had...

      Navn: Sommer, Peter Stilling: Landmand
      Alder: 27 Bestemmelsessted: Hancock
      Kontrakt nr.: 410500 Forevisningsdato: 8/19/1904
      Fødested: Bornholm Fødesogn: ?
      Sidste oph.sogn: ? Sidste oph. amt: - Amerika
      Sidste oph.sted: Amerika Bestemmelses land: USA
      Bestemmelses by: Hancock Bestemmelses stat: ?
      Skibsnavn: Indirekte
      IDkode: I0405S1111
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Navn: Sommer, Mabel Stilling: Hustru
      Alder: 17 Bestemmelsessted: Hancock
      Kontrakt nr.: 410500 Forevisningsdato: 8/19/1904
      Fødested: Bornholm Fødesogn: ?
      Sidste oph.sogn: ? Sidste oph. amt: - Amerika
      Sidste oph.sted: Amerika Bestemmelses land: USA
      Bestemmelses by: Hancock Bestemmelses stat: ?
      Skibsnavn: Indirekte
      IDkode: I0405S1112

      I know what some of it means...Stilling is occupation,he was a
      Farmer and Mabel was wife...
      Alder is age...Bestemmelse land: was there desination land...

      I suppose I should post this to the Stevens Co. board to see if they
      know anything too...

      Thanks for any help that this board can give me...

      Mary McLaughlin