Peter SUMMER Worthington Twp. 1900 Census

  • mclaughlin55
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2001
      My stepMom's great grandfather lived in Worthington Twp. during the
      1900 MN Census...

      Where would I query to to find out when he bought and sold his farm
      and where would I find out about his Naturalization...?

      At the time of the census he had only been in the states since
      1893...so he had been here for 7 years and still considered an alien
      resident...

      Thanks in Advance...
      Mary McLaughlin
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2001
        >Re: Peter SUMMER Worthington Twp. 1900 Census
        > Where would I query to to find out when he bought and sold his farm
        > and where would I find out about his Naturalization...?
        > Thanks in Advance...
        > Mary McLaughlin

        We have a few Summers' in our database; the only one that may help at
        all is Chas. Summer, who is listed in the 1916 Worthington City
        Directory as being a farmer and living at 809 10th Street.

        We have the Naturalizations on microfilm in the library but no master
        index. Each roll is indexed at the end of the film. It is hard to
        find a volunteer to wade through these records but I will ask around;
        ANY ONE WILLING?

        The farm ownership would have to be done in the courthouse, again
        finding volunteers is hard. Do you know any more as to the legal
        description of the land like the section?

        Pat Demuth
        Volunteer, (With little to no time.)
        Nobles County Gen. Group
      • Muriel Karschnik
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2001
          Par;
          I will look up only the immigration info.
          Mick

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2001
            --- In NoblesCountyMN@y..., "Muriel Karschnik" <mkarschnik@h...>
            wrote:
            > Pat;
            > I will look up only the immigration info.
            > Mick

            Muriel -

            No one else has said anything. Thanks for the help.

            Pat