Re: Emma Dunn (~1915 Worthington)

  • dunne@ieee.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 26, 2001
      Pat,

      Thanks for the helpful post. Charles had 17 siblings from Cherokee
      County, Iowa, and his father had a large family in Lafayette County,
      Wisconsin. A brother or uncle may have moved to Nobles county. I'll
      check the names you supplied with extended family members.

      Charles and Emma probably arrived after 1912, since they have a son
      buried in Iowa at that time. By 1920, the children were living with
      relatives and Charlie took off.

      What information I have comes from Emma's daughter Alice. She was 4
      when her mother died, which puts the date of death from Aug 1915 to
      Aug 1916. She visited the gravesite many years ago and described it
      as not being well kept up, so it's probably off the beaten path.

      Regards,

      Eric Dunn

      --- In NoblesCountyMN@y..., "Pat & Lynette Demuth" <demuth@f...>
      wrote:
      > Hi - Eric
      > There seems to be more that one Dunn family in Nobles County. I
      don't find
      > any information on Emma or Charles in our database. The database
      has:

      > SURNAME, FIRST NAME, PAGE, SOURCE, NOTES
      > DUNN, John, 1916 Worthington City Director, retired farmer, 1539
      > DUNN, Hon. A. C., 158, Ill. Album of Bio. Sw MN, 1889
      > DUNN, Donald James, 275, Nobles Co. History, Goff
      > DUNN, Mrs D J, 211, Nobles Co. History, Goff
      > DUNN, D J, 211, Nobles Co. History, Goff
      > DUNN, Gaylon B., 285, Service Record WW1 & WW2 Nobles Co. MN
      > DUNN, Chester W., 285, Service Record WW 1 & WW 2 Nobles Co.MN
      > DUNN, John, 3, Wgtn. Adv. 16-Nov-1876 Birth Of a
      child last summer
      > DUNN, John, 100, Cemetery Book #2
      > DUNN, Lillian M., 133, Cemetery Book #2
      > DUNN, Hattie, 136, Cemetery Book #1
      > DUNN, H.D., 136, Cemetery Book #1
      > DUNN, Catharine, 136, Cemetery Book #1
      > DUNN, Patrick J., 82, Cemetery Book #2
      > DUNN, Donald James, 133, Cemetery Book #2
      > DUNN, Betty Jane, 7, Nob. Co. Gen. Scrapbook #1
      > DUNN, Dr. Donald James, 7, Nob. Co. Gen. Scrapbook #1
      > DUNN, J.B., 222, Mem. Rec. Of SouthW. MN 1897
      > DUNN, J., Dewald, 1888 Plat, 20
      > DUNN, John, Hersey, 1888 Plat, Patron, born Ireland/1827
      > DUNN, John, Hersey, 1888 Plat, 18 19
      >
      > Obits on file
      >
      > Surname First Name Page
      > Dunn, Doug, 1953-1990
      > Dunn, Thomas, 1945-1997
      > Dunn, Lillian, Christensen (Mrs. D. J.)
      > Dunn, Dr. Donald J., osteopath
      > Dunn, Betty Jane/Pfc William Lee Jackson wed Dunn file
      > Dunn, John L.
      >
      > If any of this info. looks interesting to you let me know and I, or
      someone
      > will send you the info. from the source document.
      >
      > Pat Demuth
      > Volunteer
      > Nobles County Gen. Group

    • Marlanea Johnson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 26, 2001
        i am looking for information on my grandparents and
        great grandparents . my great grandparents names are
        myrtle matilda stowe and edward archabald cole .
        married in nobles co . worthington minn. i need info
        on that marriage .
        they had a daughter arlene pearl cole born in
        worthington mn in 1922. i need that birth record as
        well . can any one help me ?

        =====