Emma Dunn (~1915 Worthington)

  • dunne@ieee.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2001
      I'm looking for information about Emma Dunn, who died in the
      Worthington area around 1915. Her husband's name was Charles, and
      her childrens names were James, Alice, and Blanche. His occupation
      was probably farming. Alice reported that the graveyard was not well
      maintained when she visited it years later.

      I have already checked death certificates online at the Minnesota
      Historical Society, and would appreciate a pointer to any other
      resources that may exist.

      Thanks in advance for any help.

      Eric Dunn
      dunne@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2001
        Hi - Eric
        There seems to be more that one Dunn family in Nobles County. I don't find
        any information on Emma or Charles in our database. The database has:

        SURNAME, FIRST NAME, PAGE, SOURCE, NOTES
        DUNN, John, 1916 Worthington City Director, retired farmer, 1539
        DUNN, Hon. A. C., 158, Ill. Album of Bio. Sw MN, 1889
        DUNN, Donald James, 275, Nobles Co. History, Goff
        DUNN, Mrs D J, 211, Nobles Co. History, Goff
        DUNN, D J, 211, Nobles Co. History, Goff
        DUNN, Gaylon B., 285, Service Record WW1 & WW2 Nobles Co. MN
        DUNN, Chester W., 285, Service Record WW 1 & WW 2 Nobles Co.MN
        DUNN, John, 3, Wgtn. Adv. 16-Nov-1876 Birth Of a child last summer
        DUNN, John, 100, Cemetery Book #2
        DUNN, Lillian M., 133, Cemetery Book #2
        DUNN, Hattie, 136, Cemetery Book #1
        DUNN, H.D., 136, Cemetery Book #1
        DUNN, Catharine, 136, Cemetery Book #1
        DUNN, Patrick J., 82, Cemetery Book #2
        DUNN, Donald James, 133, Cemetery Book #2
        DUNN, Betty Jane, 7, Nob. Co. Gen. Scrapbook #1
        DUNN, Dr. Donald James, 7, Nob. Co. Gen. Scrapbook #1
        DUNN, J.B., 222, Mem. Rec. Of SouthW. MN 1897
        DUNN, J., Dewald, 1888 Plat, 20
        DUNN, John, Hersey, 1888 Plat, Patron, born Ireland/1827
        DUNN, John, Hersey, 1888 Plat, 18 19

        Obits on file

        Surname First Name Page
        Dunn, Doug, 1953-1990
        Dunn, Thomas, 1945-1997
        Dunn, Lillian, Christensen (Mrs. D. J.)
        Dunn, Dr. Donald J., osteopath
        Dunn, Betty Jane/Pfc William Lee Jackson wed Dunn file
        Dunn, John L.

        If any of this info. looks interesting to you let me know and I, or someone
        will send you the info. from the source document.

        Pat Demuth
        Volunteer
        Nobles County Gen. Group

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 26, 2001
          Pat,

          Thanks for the helpful post. Charles had 17 siblings from Cherokee
          County, Iowa, and his father had a large family in Lafayette County,
          Wisconsin. A brother or uncle may have moved to Nobles county. I'll
          check the names you supplied with extended family members.

          Charles and Emma probably arrived after 1912, since they have a son
          buried in Iowa at that time. By 1920, the children were living with
          relatives and Charlie took off.

          What information I have comes from Emma's daughter Alice. She was 4
          when her mother died, which puts the date of death from Aug 1915 to
          Aug 1916. She visited the gravesite many years ago and described it
          as not being well kept up, so it's probably off the beaten path.

          Regards,

          Eric Dunn

          --- In NoblesCountyMN@y..., "Pat & Lynette Demuth" <demuth@f...>

        • Marlanea Johnson
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 26, 2001
            i am looking for information on my grandparents and
            great grandparents . my great grandparents names are
            myrtle matilda stowe and edward archabald cole .
            married in nobles co . worthington minn. i need info
            on that marriage .
            they had a daughter arlene pearl cole born in
            worthington mn in 1922. i need that birth record as
            well . can any one help me ?

            =====