Re: Whalen of Ellsworth and Grand Prairie Township

  • demuth@frontiernet.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2001
      Hi John -

      > >Interested in a possible obituary for Margaret Berry Whalen. From
      > >the cemetery information I have her year of death as 1937, no
      > >further information on date of her death

      I stopped by the courthouse and looked at the death records. There
      is no death record in Nobles County Minnesota for Margaret Whalen who
      died in 1937. She must have died some were else other that Nobles
      County. Maybe she was in a hospital in IA or SD when she died? With
      out a date of death it would take too long to go through the
      newspaper microfilm for an obit.

      The only death record I could find for a Whalen is a "Female" Whalen
      who died 27 Aug 1918, she was also born 27 Aug 1918 and lived 10
      hours, cause of death was "premature 7 months" the parents were John
      and Pearl (Anderson) Whalen.

      > I will check and see who wrote in 1997 about Margaret Whalen from
      >our Correspondence File.

      The correspondence regards a Thomas W. Barnett b. 1858 who married
      Margaret Whalen. There was no other info. about the Whalen family.

      Pat Demuth
      Volunteer
      Nobles County Gen. Group