Re: [NoblesCountyMN] Peter Thompson of Worthington

  • Roxann L Polzine
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2001
      Hi Pam,
      Yes Peter Thompson is well Known in Worthington. The Nobles County
      Historical Society has quite a bit of information on him. Just what
      information would you like. In In the book "Illustrated History of Nobles
      County" by Arthur P. Rose, written in 1908, It states In the whole of Nobles
      county there is no man who enjoys a larger acquaintance than does the
      gentlemen whose names heads this sketch. Coming to the county with the
      vanguard of the colonists, he at once became identifies with its business,
      social, religious and political life. In an unassuming and unpretentious
      manner he became a leader. He has engaged in more business enterprises than
      any other man in the county. During his residence of thirty six years in
      the county he won the respect and esteem of all with whom he was thrown in
      contact. There is a lot more in the article that could be sent if you would
      like a copy. Also we have his obituary, his wife's and his daughters also.
      We have allot of pictures of the family also. If you should want to contact
      us you can at nchs@... of call at 507-376-4431. We would be
      more than happy to help you out.
      Roxann Polzine