Re: Brewster Mn and Hersey Cemetery

  • demuth@frontiernet.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2001
      --- In NoblesCountyMN@y..., dufmur@y... wrote:
      > I am searching for the obituary of Sina Langland
      The NCGG database has the following entries:

      SURNAME FIRST_NAME PAGE SOURCE NOTES
      LANGLAND Gunder A. 165 Cemetery Book #1 (below)
      LANGLAND Mrs. Sina 165 Cemetery Book #1 (below)
      LANGLAND H. M. 166 Mem. Rec. Of SouthW. MN 1897
      LANGLAND, LEE Correspondence File 1991

      The NCGG obituary database has the following:

      Surname First Name Page
      Langland, Blanche Beal (Mrs. Orville) 1916-1992
      Langland, Merle I. Eggleston Mrs. Kenneth 1911-1990
      Langland, Kenneth G. 1914-1996
      Langland, Jayne Katherine, 1991 (age 3 1/2 mo.) parents: Mark
      R./Kristine
      Langland, Jayne Katherine (infant) daugh. of Mark & Kristine

      > I am told she is buried in Hersey cemetery. Has that cemetery been
      > transcribed? Is a transcription for sale anywhere?

      In the Hersey Township Cemetery:
      LANGLAND
      Mrs. Sina, 1883-1924
      Gunder A. 1877-1950, father

      These are the only Langland's that appear in or cemetery records.
      The Hersey cemetery has be transcribed as have all the cemeteries in
      Nobles County. At this point they are not for sale and we have not
      found a place to post them to the Internet. We will search our
      database for information when asked.

      > What hours is your Historical Society open for research?
      M-F 12:30 to 5

      > What resources do you have for searching?
      Obit. file, local history books, birth, death, marriage indexes. The
      library has all the county newspapers on microfilm and the all the
      census and pass. list for Nobles Co. The Lib. hours are M-F 8 to 5.