Brewster Mn and Hersey Cemetery

  • dufmur@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2001
      I am searching for the obituary of Sina Langland from 1924. I am
      sure she either died at home on a farm near Brewster or possibly the
      hospital in Worthington if there was one there.

      I am told she is buried in Hersey cemetery. Has that cemetery been
      transcribed? Is a transcrption for sale anywhere?

      What hours is your Historical Society open for research?
      What resources do you have for searching?

      Many thanks,
      Emilie
    • demuth@frontiernet.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2001
        --- In NoblesCountyMN@y..., dufmur@y... wrote:
        > I am searching for the obituary of Sina Langland
        The NCGG database has the following entries:

        SURNAME FIRST_NAME PAGE SOURCE NOTES
        LANGLAND Gunder A. 165 Cemetery Book #1 (below)
        LANGLAND Mrs. Sina 165 Cemetery Book #1 (below)
        LANGLAND H. M. 166 Mem. Rec. Of SouthW. MN 1897
        LANGLAND, LEE Correspondence File 1991

        The NCGG obituary database has the following:

        Surname First Name Page
        Langland, Blanche Beal (Mrs. Orville) 1916-1992
        Langland, Merle I. Eggleston Mrs. Kenneth 1911-1990
        Langland, Kenneth G. 1914-1996
        Langland, Jayne Katherine, 1991 (age 3 1/2 mo.) parents: Mark
        R./Kristine
        Langland, Jayne Katherine (infant) daugh. of Mark & Kristine

        > I am told she is buried in Hersey cemetery. Has that cemetery been
        > transcribed? Is a transcription for sale anywhere?

        In the Hersey Township Cemetery:
        LANGLAND
        Mrs. Sina, 1883-1924
        Gunder A. 1877-1950, father

        These are the only Langland's that appear in or cemetery records.
        The Hersey cemetery has be transcribed as have all the cemeteries in
        Nobles County. At this point they are not for sale and we have not
        found a place to post them to the Internet. We will search our
        database for information when asked.

        > What hours is your Historical Society open for research?
        M-F 12:30 to 5

        > What resources do you have for searching?
        Obit. file, local history books, birth, death, marriage indexes. The
        library has all the county newspapers on microfilm and the all the
        census and pass. list for Nobles Co. The Lib. hours are M-F 8 to 5.