      From: NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of meffa5
      Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 5:49 PM
      To: NoblesCountyMN@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [NoblesCountyMN] James Conlon - Little Rock Township, MN

      Hi there. I just signed up with this group. I was hoping to get some
      suggestions on the types of resources I can check for my family tree
      research. I live in Massachusetts. My gggrandfather James Conlon was
      from County Meath, Ireland. He ended up in Boston MA in the early
      1870s and married there. In 1879 he moved his family to MN. I'm
      assuming it must have been part of the Irish colonization in Nobles
      County. The 1880 census lists him as a farmer living in Little Rock
      Township in Nobles. My great grandfather, also James, was born in
      Little Rock on October 14, 1880. They moved back to Boston around
      1883. I'm just starting my search for records pertaining to when they
      lived in MN. Would there be land records if he bought the property he
      lived on in Little Rock Township? Would there be city directories for
      such a small area so I can see if they lived there the whole time? Is
      the agricultural cesus for 1880 another good source? Any tips would be
      greatly appreciated. I'm really excited to learn more about their time
      in MN.

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic