virus

  • George Richtmeyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10 5:55 AM
       AM
      Subject: Virus

      > Hello All, Sorry for the mass e-mail but someone sent me the warning and I am
      > passing it along to you. I followed the instructions
      and found the virus on
      > my computer and deleted it.  The
      instructions are below.  Sorry if I sent
      > this twice to some of
      you.  Happy Hunting.  Rodney

      >  I am
      forwarding this alert because I have found the "teddy bear" virus

      hiding in my computer. Follow the steps below ASAP and it should be taken
      > care of.
      >

      > A virus has been
      passed on to me by a contact. My address book has in turn
      > been
      affected.  Since you are in my address book there is a good chance you
      > will find it in your computer too.
      >
      > I followed the
      direction below and eradicated the virus easily.

      > The virus (
      called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee
      > anti-virus
      systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging
      > the system.
      It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address book
      > whether or
      not you sent e-mails to your contacts. Here is how you check
      > for the
      virus and get rid of it.

      > 1. Go to start, find or search
      option.

      > 2. In the file/folders option, type the name :
      jdbgmgr.exe

      > 3. Be sure to search your C: drive and all the
      subfolders and any other
      > drives you may have.
      >
      > 4. Click
      "find now"

      > 5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the
      name jdbgmgr.exe. DO NOT
      > OPEN IT!!!!!!!!
      >
      > 6. Go to
      edit(on the menu bar), choose "select all" to highlight the
      > file without
      opening it.

      > 7. Now go to the file (on the menu bar) and select
      delete. It will then
      > go to the Recycle bin.
      >
      > IF YOU FIND
      THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
      > SO THEY
      CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.

      > To do
      this:

      > a) Open a new e-mail message
      > b) Click on the icon