a book

  • mavi.laura@libero.it
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
      hi all, it's always a great pleasure to write for this group, so here
      is a little suggestion for a great book and his magic author chaim
      potok. if you have never red this please do it 'cause he's simply
      magic. his last book is "in the beginning" (in italian "in principio")
      and i'll recomend you to read it because he manages to speak about
      important feelings and emotions with simple words and i assure you
      that you couldn't live the book till you get the end.
      potok is a rabbi and he lives in usa and as every good rabbi he is a
      good introspective and he can read easily some of the great questions
      of our life. he always talk about children and theire lives in the
      ortodox jewish community in new york, and you will fall in love with
      his caracther, i'm sure about this. read also "my name is asher lev"
      or "the gift of asher lev"....but every tittle is o.k.
      have a nice week end,
      shalom. laura

      p.s. per gli italiani che leggeranno questo messaggio, tutti i libri
      di potok sono editi da garzanti e vi consiglio di iniziare
      con "l'arpa di davita" ve ne innamorerete:-))))
    • Li Isings
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
        Shalom Laura

        Chaim Potok's books are wonderful and how good to share titles of
        books that have moved us (in joy, to tears, in magic, in opening our
        souls).

        I'm a "bookey" for which I just paid dearly as I was moving house and
        I had to pay approximately $ 500 more because I have so many books.
        And obviously not ONE book I wanted to get rid of....

        Allegra Goodman - Katerskill Falls, is wonderful, and so are the
        books of Naomi Ragen.

        Some books that have touched me spiritually are Olga Katardi -
        Entering the Circle, about a Russian Psychiatrist who is being taught
        about true healing in her native country;

        and Starhawk, The fifth Sacred Thing, about a society 50 years from
        now in the USA, where women have more power and magic and where after
        an all disruptive war, a new society has developed. Trouble in
        paradise when they discover that there is a whole different world in
        the former cities of LA and San Francisco. This is a book about
        believing in your own special magic, your own powers and going after
        your intuition.

        Have fun reading magical words!

        In peace and light
        Li