Stop the Racism in Italy!!!

  • Adi
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 4, 2007
      Is not fair to beat people in the street because they are romanians...

      As u know when the italians emigrate in Germany, United States or
      France had the same problems... just these days the romanians are part
      of the European Union... european citizens... as italians... so we
      should respect the same legislation...

      In Romania form a population of 22-23 mil about 5 milions are gypsyes
      (zingari or rromanes population a sort of nomads arrived from India i
      guess).
      Is not fair to consider all the gypsyes criminals... Also we try to
      tolerate them as the other minorities in our country... it doesnt
      matter they have a different skin colour, a different language and
      culture...
    • Antonio Santi

        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 5, 2007
          OK, I agree with u, but... why do u say that here?. I thought this
          forum was for NOAs music... maybe some of us agree with u, maybe
          others not, but (I insist), why here?... and the same can be said
          about "madres de plaza de mayo" topic... why here?
        • Antonio Santi

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 5, 2007
              Cur taces?, quod tibi non placeat?, quid est?
            • live_me_be
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 5, 2007
                I do agree and I understand why here! Noa through her music promotes
                peace tolerance, no rasism. The gypsies, like the jewish people, was
                discriminated, so the message is for tolerance, reconciliation and
                peace... like the Noa's songs.

              • pmant.meroni@tiscali.it
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 5, 2007
                  Stop the racism in the world and stop heavy words against Italy and Italians!!!
                  Please Adi speak about what you know well and not abuot news-paper titles!
                  I respect everyone who respects me, my family and my country. It is right, isn't it?
                  Often the same people who create problems (politicians first of all) and reactions
                  to problems call it racism to hide their faults. And rich people living in golden street
                  without any problem cry (in a very snob way) against other humans trying to defend themselves. My best regards (and please excuse me for my terrible english).
                  PS: I live well in a very nice place, at the moment very quiet, but i can't judge the world from my desk.
                  Berledine

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 6, 2007
                    Grazie per la tua risposta Berledine :)

                    Indeed I am speaking about what I know well from my friends and family
                    wich are in Italy. So be shure that you're now informed corectly.
                    I'm sure you're a good person like many of the italians!!!
                    ...and yes dear Berledine as you saw in the italian mass-media are
                    heavily words against romanians... and as u saw the politicians take
                    advantage of this because of the political campaign... elections...
                    through this they manipulate the population... that's why are these
                    extremist manifestations there...

                    As I know the italians wich are quite a nice and peacefull people I
                    hope that all this circus will end soon

                    Thank you again for your opinion. It means a lot to me
                    Who knows maybe we'll meet at a Noa concert :)

                    Adi

                    Berledine's reply was:

                    --- In Noasmusic@yahoogroups.com, "live_me_be" <live_me_be@...> wrote:

                    > I do agree and I understand why here! Noa through her music promotes
                    > peace tolerance, no rasism. The gypsies, like the jewish people, was
                    > discriminated, so the message is for tolerance, reconciliation and
                    > peace... like the Noa's songs.
                    >

                    > --- In Noasmusic@yahoogroups.com, "Adi" <adjaen@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Is not fair to beat people in the street because they are romanians...
                    > >
                    > > As u know when the italians emigrate in Germany, United States or
                    > > France had the same problems... just these days the romanians are part
                    > > of the European Union... european citizens... as italians... so we
                    > > should respect the same legislation...
                    > >
                    > > In Romania form a population of 22-23 mil about 5 milions are gypsyes
                    > > (zingari or rromanes population a sort of nomads arrived from India i
                    > > guess).
                    > > Is not fair to consider all the gypsyes criminals... Also we try to
                    > > tolerate them as the other minorities in our country... it doesnt
                    > > matter they have a different skin colour, a different language and
                    > > culture...

                  • jmuleros
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 6, 2007
                      Adi, dont misunderstand me...
                      I know very well the problems you are talking about. As you know, here
                      in Spain we have a lot of romanian workers, and some people say the
                      same things than in Italy.
                      Its unfair. Romanian workers come to work to Spain or Italy just
                      because of the same reasons that spanish and italians workers were to
                      work to Germany 40 years ago...
                      Its foolish to feel them as enemies... we only have to look our own
                      history.
                      Hugs,
                      Javier.
                    • Antonio Santi

                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 6, 2007
                          I'm trying to understand better what is really happening and I'm not happy in this situation nor
                          for me nor for workers who came in Italy from Romania. But I think exactly that your mail
                          title didn't help to make a quiet reflection about the matter. It seems a little racist, probably
                          not for your will. And we are tired in Italy to hear every day someone chatting about us and
                          our country like a superior creature looking at a poultry pen. I'm sure you are a good person
                          too and I should be pleased to meet you in peace. (( :-) 8=|
                          Ogg: [Noasmusic] Re: Stop the Racism in Italy!!!

                          Grazie per la tua risposta Berledine :)

                          Indeed I am speaking about what I know well from my friends and family

                          wich are in Italy. So be shure that you're now informed corectly.

                          I'm sure you're a good person like many of the italians!!!

                          ...and yes dear Berledine as you saw in the italian mass-media are

                          heavily words against romanians... and as u saw the politicians take

                          advantage of this because of the political campaign... elections...

                          through this they manipulate the population... that's why are these

                          extremist manifestations there...

                          As I know the italians wich are quite a nice and peacefull people I

                          hope that all this circus will end soon

                          Thank you again for your opinion. It means a lot to me

                          Who knows maybe we'll meet at a Noa concert :)

                          Adi

                          Berledine's reply was:

                          Stop the racism in the world and stop heavy words against Italy and

                          Italians!!!

                          Please Adi speak about what you know well and not abuot news-paper titles!

                          I respect everyone who respects me, my family and my country. It is

                          right, isn't it? Often the same people who create problems

                          (politicians first of all) and reactions to problems call it racism to

                          hide their faults. And rich people living in golden street

                          without any problem cry (in a very snob way) against other humans

                          trying to defend themselves. My best regards (and please excuse me for

                          my terrible english).

                          PS: I live well in a very nice place, at the moment very quiet, but i

                          can't judge the world from my desk.

                          Berledine

                          --- In Noasmusic@yahoogroups.com, "live_me_be" <live_me_be@...> wrote:

                          > I do agree and I understand why here! Noa through her music promotes

                          > peace tolerance, no rasism. The gypsies, like the jewish people, was

                          > discriminated, so the message is for tolerance, reconciliation and

                          > peace... like the Noa's songs.

                          > --- In Noasmusic@yahoogroups.com, "Adi" <adjaen@> wrote:

                          > > Is not fair to beat people in the street because they are romanians...

                          > > As u know when the italians emigrate in Germany, United States or

                          > > France had the same problems... just these days the romanians are part

                          > > of the European Union... european citizens... as italians... so we

                          > > should respect the same legislation...

                          > > In Romania form a population of 22-23 mil about 5 milions are gypsyes

                          > > (zingari or rromanes population a sort of nomads arrived from India i

                          > > guess).

                          > > Is not fair to consider all the gypsyes criminals... Also we try to

                          > > tolerate them as the other minorities in our country... it doesnt

                          > > matter they have a different skin colour, a different language and

                          > > culture...

                          ________________________________________________Tiscali.Fax: ricevi e registra gratis il tuo numero personaleInvia a 12 cent per pagina senza scatto alla risposta

                        • Michael Blackburn
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 6, 2007
                            --- In Noasmusic@yahoogroups.com, "pmant.meroni@..." <pmant.meroni@...>
                            wrote:

                            > I'm trying to understand better what is really happening and I'm not
                            happy in this situation nor
                            > for me nor for workers who came in Italy from Romania. But I think
                            exactly that your mail
                            > title didn't help to make a quiet reflection about the matter. It
                            seems a little racist, probably
                            > not for your will. And we are tired in Italy to hear every day
                            someone chatting about us and
                            > our country like a superior creature looking at a poultry pen. I'm
                            sure you are a good person
                            > too and I should be pleased to meet you in peace. (( :-) 8=|

                            I thought this was about Noa?
                            Never-the-less, Romanians are cool people.
                            Leave them alone, or learn to like them, Eh?
                          • pmant.meroni@tiscali.it
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 7, 2007
                              Are you a Professor or simply God ??
                              In any case your word for me is law!!
                              Good night Sir and remember: the same is for Italians. Eh?

                              Ogg: [Noasmusic] Re: Stop the Racism in Italy!!!

                              --- In Noasmusic@yahoogroups.com, "pmant.meroni@
                              ..."
                              eroni@...>

                              wrote:

                              > I'm trying to understand better what is really happening and I'm not

                              happy in this situation nor

                              > for me nor for workers who came in Italy from Romania. But I think

                              exactly that your mail

                              > title didn't help to make a quiet reflection about the matter. It

                              seems a little racist, probably

                              > not for your will. And we are tired in Italy to hear every day

                              someone chatting about us and

                              > our country like a superior creature looking at a poultry pen. I'm

                              sure you are a good person

                              > too and I should be pleased to meet you in peace. (( :-) 8=|

                            • Luis Alberto Verga
                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 7, 2007
                                IPSE DIXIT
                                as they say in my countryhai capi !!?? mi raccomando eeeh, ha parlato il signoreee... aaameeennn
                                http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx

                              • Reina
                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 7, 2007
                                  what this topic has to do with noa and with her music ??????
                                  reina

                                  To: Noasmusic@yahoogroups.comFrom: pmant.meroni@...: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 23:05:23 +0100Subject: Re: [Noasmusic] Re: Stop the Racism in Italy!!!

                                  Are you a Professor or simply God ??In any case your word for me is law!!Good night Sir and remember: the same is for Italians. Eh?----Messaggio originale----Da: mblackburn49@...: 07/11/2007 1.16A: <Noasmusic@yahoogroups.com><pmant.mOgg: [Noasmusic] Re: Stop the Racism in Italy!!!--- In Noasmusic@yahoogroups.com, "pmant.meroni@..." eroni@...> wrote:>> I'm trying to understand better what is really happening and I'm not happy in this situation nor> for me nor for workers who came in Italy from Romania. But I think exactly that your mail> title didn't help to make a quiet reflection about the matter. It seems a little racist, probably> not for your will. And we are tired in Italy to hear every day someone chatting about us and> our country like a superior creature looking at a poultry pen. I'm sure you are a good person> too and I should be pleased to meet you in peace. (( :-) 8=|> messaggio originale---- I thought this was about Noa?Never-the-less, Romanians are cool people.Leave them alone, or learn to like them, Eh?[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                                • Adi
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Nov 15, 2007
                                    I guess you all know the story from mass media but.. in a few words...
                                    here it is:

                                    On the 1st of November 2007 the Italian parlament adopted an emergency
                                    decree nr.181 wich facilitates expulsion of the gypsies, romanians and
                                    other non italian citizens. Thanks to this they already expulsed
                                    gypsies and romanians in less than 24 hours... it means that the
                                    italian side didn't respect even their decree... and some of them
                                    without any reason... the romanian authorities are still waiting the
                                    reason for those who were expulsed... Now they cannot enter in Italy
                                    in the next 3 years... the italian side didn't let them the chance to
                                    hire a lawyer to defend...

                                    The application of the decree is violating European and international
                                    human rights standards.

                                    In Italy the politicians and media outlets have had a role in fuelling
                                    the unprecedented outburst of xenophobic and racist hatred.
                                    The politicians, through their declarations, confirm suspicions about
                                    the racist and xenophobic nature of the expulsions campaign initiated
                                    by the Italian government. That's why in italian mass media the words
                                    gypsi romanian is the same with criminal, violator... and from
                                    yesterday synonime with terrorist ( LOL...) yesss can u believe it...
                                    the title is "The kamikaze are coming from Romania"...

                                    I believe the so-called "security measures" and "expulsions" are not
                                    the answer to the problems the gypsies community in Italy is facing
                                    and that social inclusion and anti-discrimination policies are the
                                    only viable way for curbing poverty and exclusion.

                                    For a free world

                                    Adi