Re: monday eve

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1 1:54 AM
      Dear Dror, watching Alex Singer's 15 minutes video via
      http://www.alexsinger.org/, I was moved.

      I read : "Alex made aliyah to Israel on the last day of 1984".
      What does it mean to make aliyah to Israel?

      In consideration of today's meaning for your country,

      Love
      Tom
    • Dror Elner
      Message 2 of 15 , May 1 6:02 AM
        Dear Tom,
        I am deeply moved myself by the fact that you watched
        the movie.
        Alex's story is simply amazing. I didn't know Alex,
        never met him, but through his book he became a source
        of inspiration for me.
        If you remember, the movie recalls a poem he wrote.
        One of my dreams - one day - is to work with students
        to put music to it. I think the poem is beautiful.
        I did meet his parents a few months ago. I was with a
        group of American students in Israel and asked the
        parents if the group can meet with them in their
        house. they agreed and the group had a glimpse into
        the life of Alex.
        As for making "Alyia" -
        Aliyah in Hebrew means: Ascent, progress advance and
        immigration to Israel as a symbol of taking one's
        Jewish life to higher level.
        For Jews, well over 2000 years, coming back to Israel
        [Don't know how well you know Jewish History, but
        there was a Jewish state in the Land of Israel twice
        before the creation of Israel in 1947 - once, during
        the biblical times, at around 1000 to 586 BCE, and
        second time - from 538 to 70 AC. in both times, the
        country was located in what is today Israel and what
        is known as "the west bank". Islamic occupation of
        Jerusalem was not before 638 AC.), so coming back to
        Israel after years of exile, is not just immigrating,
        it is a spiritul ascent, hence you don't just move to
        Israel, you make: "Alyia".
        When you come to Israel - soon I hope - and go to some
        of the musuems (and there are many), you will see the
        faces of Jews - in pictures - once they made Aliya, be
        it Jewish refugees following the holocaust or
        Ethiopian Jews arriving by Israeli El Al plane in the
        80s and 90s.
        Sorry for the long lecture....
        As always, it warms the heart knowing that there are
        people like you Tom, in Europe, who still like us and
        identify with us.
        Dror

        Message 3 of 15 , May 1 10:40 PM
          I think I missed some of the posts but what movie are
          you talking about, please?

          Tamara

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Markus
          Message 4 of 15 , May 2 11:22 AM
            Hello,

            Anyone got to listen in? I tried several times (also with the control) but i
            think thanks to my pop-upkiller i could not listen to it. Yael, Dror or
            Moti, do you know what Noa sang?

            Bye,

            Markus

            Message 5 of 15 , May 2 10:54 PM
              Yes,
              Noa sang 2 songs Monday Eve.
              First of all, she looked great.
              Secondly, the songs were so beutifully sang, both. It
              is simply amazing how every song Noa touches suddenly
              turns into the most pure and touching experience.
              A few seconds into the first song, she suddenly
              stopped and said: "sorry", and then continued. I have
              no idea what had happened. Did she miss a few words?
              was there no sound? Does anyone know??
              there are so many songs Noa did in Israel on stage
              throughout the years that were never recorded. What
              can we do to have NOA record them????

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • yael_abramson
              Message 6 of 15 , May 3 5:16 AM
                hi Dror -

                she stoped the song because she confused with the words, she looked
                great and her voice... i don't have to say anything about that at
                all...

                on that eve Noa had 2 more songs that another people sang , a band
                of children sang Uri and Nurit Galron sang sang Niga El Hachalom.

                she sang 2 old Israeli songs and they got fool of history, i think
                that she choose the right songs for that eve

                have great week

                yael