SONG

  • maria martinez
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
      Dear all,

      I am too prosaic to think I could ever write anything
      that can turn into a song, but if I ever manage to
      publish a book, I will let you know. :-)

      In the meantime, I would like to suggest a subject to
      those who are capable of writing poetry, or songs,
      with all those rules in the metrics, the musical
      phrases (what a hard job, I definately cannot do it!).

      The subject I would like to suggest is that there are
      always two sides to EVERYTHING, and the truth usually
      tiptoes in the very middle.. Everybody, everytime
      thinks to be speaking the Truth, but it's only the
      Light Side of the Truth they see, while the Dark Side
      is perfectly clear to someone sitting right in front
      of us...

      ..if you see what I mean.

      Shalom,

      Maria

      ___________________________________
      Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto più divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica… Scaricalo ora!
      http://it.messenger.yahoo.it
    • Li
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
        Peace Maria ;-), shalom all,

        Our favorite topic, the two sides, the yin and yang, the plus and the
        minus, the female and the male, the day and the night, the two that
        came from One and from One everything is created.
        It's the foundation of everything that lives, it fundamental to life...
        There's an important rule though to these antagonaries and that is that
        they're complementary as well. That's the dialectic dilemma of these
        antagonistic complementary forces. To see both sides you need distance.
        Distance in time, in place (location), from the press, etc. The farther
        away, the better the two sides can be seen. The closer you are, the more
        you're becoming focussed on that what is right in front of you and it's
        almost impossible to even see that there's another side. The
        antagonistic aspect here is clear. When you only see the one side, this
        is what you're going to trust. Our Law courts are filled each day by
        people who can only see one side, not because they're stubborn, but
        because nobody ever tought us to view issues from a distance, to remove
        ourselves mentally, physically and spiritually away from it in order to
        see that there are two sides and that the two sides are the sides of the
        Same :-)

        As for the song subject, Noa already included and performed the perfect
        song together with Mira Awad (talking about two sides becoming one
        special voice on stage).
        It's the Beatles cover of "We can work it out" on "Now".

        In peace and light
        Li

        Try to see it my way
        do I have to keep on talking 'till I can't go on
        while you see it your way
        there's a chance that we might fall apart
        before too long

        We can work it out
        We can work it out....
        Think of what you're saying
        You can get it wrong and
        still you'll think that's it alright
        Think of what I'm saying
        we can work it out and get it straight or
        say goodnight

        We can work it out
        we can work it out...
        life is very short
        and there's not time for fussing
        and fighting my friend

        I have always thought
        that it's a crime
        so I will ask you once again...
        try to see it my way
        only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.

        While you see it your way
        there's a chance that we might
        fall apart before too long
        we can work it out
        we can work it out....

        Life is very short
        and there's no time for fussing

        maria martinez wrote:

        > The subject I would like to suggest is that there are
        > always two sides to EVERYTHING, and the truth usually
        > tiptoes in the very middle.. Everybody, everytime
        > thinks to be speaking the Truth, but it's only the
        > Light Side of the Truth they see, while the Dark Side
        > is perfectly clear to someone sitting right in front
        > of us...
      • FishMonkey
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005

          > The subject I would like to suggest is that there are
          > always two sides to EVERYTHING, and the truth usually
          > tiptoes in the very middle.. Everybody, everytime
          > thinks to be speaking the Truth, but it's only the
          > Light Side of the Truth they see, while the Dark Side
          > is perfectly clear to someone sitting right in front
          > of us...

          Yes, Maria, I agree and also think about two sides can stay
          both in the same one artistic work (book, movie, musical clip or album)
          Why not? Who does oblige us to separate one-sided parties?
          Why not Dan Stein and Rachel Corrie in the same song or poetry?
          They both gave generously their young lives, what's the difference?

          The greatest Italian poet of last century died this week. Mario Luzi,
          he was very old and for seven times he was very near to win the Nobel
          award for literature. In his last message he wrote: "I am not a man of
          part(party) ... but I am a man of Peace!". This was a wonderful
          sentence, I think, and sincerely I hope everyone can agree in this
          list, otherwise why to listen still to Noa's songs?
          The deep meaning is that the search for Peace doesn't ever belong
          absolutely to any party (no one-sided part I mean). If you speak of
          peace and you follow a party, and don't free your mind, than you are
          not moving in the right way. If I speak of Peace and you think I am
          left or right, you misunderstand me, and you are speaking the language
          of hate and war.

          Shalom
          Attilio