TODAY! Funeral for the Bill of Rights!

  • Brent Mesick
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005

      The funeral march for the Bill of Rights is today starting at Tribune Plaza at 4:30. In memory of these tributes to freedom, slaughtered by the USA PATRIOT Act, we will march to Federal Plaza where we will read the Eulogy.

      Please join us in mourning! Spread the word!

      FUNERAL SERVICES

      The Bill of Rights

      Born: 1791

      Killed: October 26, 2001

      (with the signing of the PATRIOT Act)

      Funeral Service: November 1, 2005

      Funeral March (with music) will begin at 4:30 PM
      at Tribune Plaza, 411 N. Michigan Avenue

      (Come early to assemble)

      Entombed: Federal Plaza (Adams and Dearborn) at 5:15 PM

      (where the eulogy will be read by a melodramatic "priest")

      Proceedings will end at 5:30 PM
      (followed by an oration by Rob Sherman)

      We are encouraging all people to march with us to mourn the terrible loss of freedom and liberty brought about by an aggressive administration that falsely accused the Bill of Rights of conspiracy in perpetrating "terrorism" and the tragedy of September 11, 2001 in New York City. The negligence of our elected officials made the death of the Bill of Rights inevitable. We encourage people to dress properly for a funeral or to don the various historical dress of the United States. We even encourage people to dress as historical personages, workers, and immigrants to remind us of the struggles by the people of the United States to maintain our liberties and to gain new ones through changes to our constitution like the XIII, XIV, IXX, and the XXIV Amendments.

      While we mourn our great loss, we at the Chicagoland Coalition for Civil Liberties and Rights will continue to work with our allies to rekindle the flame of freedom that has been embodied in the Bill of Rights for its remarkable 210 year lifespan. We hope that you will join us.

      Chicagoland Coalition for Civil Liberties and Rights (CCCLR) in collaboration with the Bill of Rights Defense Committee (BORDC) and others across the country.

      http://www.ccclr.org

      http://www.bordc.org