Fw: report on conference call/upcoming actions

  • Joseph Balkis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2010

      --- On Wed, 9/29/10, Christine Geovanis <chrisgeovanis@...> wrote:

      From: Christine Geovanis <chrisgeovanis@...>
      Subject: report on conference call/upcoming actions
      To: "Defend Dissent65" <defend-dissent65@...>
      Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 2:50 AM

      Some of us participated in tonight's national conference call. I
      didin't take extensive notes but I'll throw out a couple things that
      were discussed and will forward more formal notes once we get them.

      First, while the attorneys will try to push back the first grand jury
      date on 10/5, we should be prepared to mobilize for the 5th in
      Chicago. We should also have a call for a national phone call-in day
      to DOJ, the white house, the FBI inspector general, and so forth, set
      for MONDAY, October 4, the day before the first grand jury date. Watch
      stopfbi.net for the text of the call and circulate widely once it's
      out.

      Second, the opportunity to picket Obama on 10/7 at the Giannoulias
      fundraiser was raised to no objections.

      Third, the local Chicago chapter of the National Lawyers Guild has
      scheduled a 'know your rights' workshop for next Friday, with more
      details to be announced as soon as we get them.

      Chris Geovanis