Urge Your Rep to Join Congress Antiwar Group

  • carld717
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24 9:18 PM
      PLEASE SEND AROUND - IF YOUR CONGRESSPERSON IS ON HERE, CALL TO
      SUPPORT; IF NOT, URGE TO JOIN.

      House Coalition Announces
      Opposition To War
      19 Members Of Congress Representing A Growing Coalition in
      the House Announce Opposition to War in Iraq

      Nineteen Members of Congress, led by Congressman Dennis J. Kucinich
      (D-OH), today announced the formation of a coalition to oppose war in
      Iraq.

      In the wake of recent news that Iraq will allow in United Nation's
      Weapons Inspectors, and an approaching House vote, a coalition of
      House Members, today represented by nineteen Members, announced their
      opposition to a first strike against Iraq.

      "I don't think that a majority of the American people want war in
      Iraq," stated Kucinich. "We are here today, representing the millions
      of people who are against this unjustified, unwarranted and illegal
      war. The Administration has failed to make the case that Iraq poses
      an imminent or immediate threat to the United States. There is no
      credible evidence linking Iraq to 9/11. There is no credible evidence
      linking Iraq to Al-Queda. Nor is there any credible evidence of
      Iraq's possession of weapons of mass destruction, their capability,
      or their intent to deliver such weapons."

      Kucinich was joined today by; Reps. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), Danny Davis
      (D-IL), Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Lloyd Doggett (D-TX), Sam Farr (D-CA),
      Bob Filner (D-CA), Barney Frank (D-MA), Jackson-Lee (D-TX), Marcy
      Kaptur (D-OH), Carolyn Kilpatrick (D-MI), Barbara Lee (D-CA), Jim
      McDermott (D-WA), Major Owens (D-NY), Lynn Rivers (D-MI), Bernie
      Sanders (I-VT), Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), Diane Watson (D-CA), and Lynn
      Woolsey (D-CA).