20982Fw: EMERGENCY PROTEST MON 5 pm DALEY PLAZA, downtown. ALERT about FERGUSON

  • Grant
    Aug 18, 2014

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Stop Mass Incarceration Network Chicago <stopmassincarcerationchicago@...>

      Alert! Alert! Spread the word on twitter and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/1475327769392674/?context=create&source=49# and other social media

      Tonight, hours before the curfew, there is a military-assault type attack on the protesters in Ferguson again.  They have sealed off all the highways and roads leading into the area and are again bringing in the military vehicles and tear gas and rubber bullets.

      One woman eyewitness in the front line of the protest said 'all we did was march and go down on our knees saying "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" and the police suddenly just started shooting tear gas at us because we were 1000 Black people protesting. She said the only people shooting were the police shooting tear gas.

      WE HAVE TO STOP THIS!  We cannot let them shut down the defiant resistance!  Come to Daley Plaza, Dearborn and Washington, in Chicago, 5 pm Monday.

      The only reason that people know about Michael Brown's heinous murder is because people in Ferguson have stood up and refused to back down.  We can't leave them on their own to fight this, we have to stand with them and redouble the struggle.  The righteous demands of the people must be met 1) indict and jail the killer cop , 2) Fire the police chief 3) Full accounting of what happened immediately.

      We need unity. Justice Now.

      --
      Stop Mass Incarceration Network - Chicago
      stopmassincarcerationchicago@... • (312) 933-9586

      The Stop Mass Incarceration Network is
      a project of the Alliance for Global Justice, a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The Stop Mass Incarceration Network is building a movement to stop the injustice of mass incarceration and police brutality; and the racially biased policies and practices of the police, the courts and the U.S. legal system; and to support the rights of prisoners and the formerly incarcerated. We call on all to join us.