File - monthly.txt

  • NikonRepair@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 1 3:34 AM
      This is the monthly note from NikonRepair

      Apart from being merely a mail based list, the group also has some important resources on the web.
      They include:

      Uploading of repair related links at the "bookmarks" section is highly encouraged! Likewise is uploading of repair information (such as repair recipes) at the files section. Here you can also upload pictures if needed for demonstration (attachments to postings are disabled) - but make sure no copyrights are violated!

      Write your reply in the top of messages as this opart is displayed message section on the web.

      In order to keep the bandwidth low, always edit your replies. Also do not answer with "Sorry I can't help you on that one.."-type of messages. If you cannot help, you should simply refrain from answering. This also means that you should not be offended, should no-one answer your own question. It probably only means that nobody thinks they have a useful answer. Do not be shy to re-post a question, however! It could have been overlooked or new members might be able to help.

      Always supply posts with meaningful subject lines and avoid "RE: Digest Number 364" kind of headings!

      Spam mail is not accepted.

      NikonRepair has three moderators;
      Lars Holst Hansen,
      Howard Passman &
      William Sampson

      Please follow our requests.

      Thank you and happy repairing,
      Lars Holst Hansen (List owner)
    • glenn@acay.com.au
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 1, 2003
        Hi All,

        I know this isn't the technical term for this part, but unfortunately the
        small piece of black woven nylon string (for want of a better word) has
        broken on my FE so that the aperture change is no longer registered by the
        camera metering system.

        I've tried some polyester thread as a replacement, but this doesn't have
        the same characteristics under tension and the meter doesn't move in
        accurate stop increments, it moves it too quickly and as a result it also
        mucks up the FRE unit and moves it too far.

        Of course I've called the Australian Nikon distributor, no luck as per
        usual, can anyone suggest a source for some replacement, or know what I
        shoud be looking for in particular.

        Thanks

        Glenn