Nightnews-media FRINGE Show: ELAINE DAVIDSON'S BRAZILIAN LIFE Venue 20 Edinburgh

  • information_collector
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26 7:30 PM
      Nightnews-media FRINGE Show: ELAINE DAVIDSON'S BRAZILIAN LIFE Venue
      20 Edinburgh

      ---

      LISTING AND PRESS RELEASE for ELAINE DAVIDSON'S BRAZILIAN LIFE
      by Elaine Davidson

      Venue 20, Theatre Workshop, 34 Hamilton Place, Stockbridge,
      Edinburgh, EH3 5AX
      Tel: 0131 226 5425. Fringe Program Grid ref.: B2 or type EH3 5AX into
      http://www.streetmap.co.uk/

      Billed as, 'Elaine Davidson's spectacular and emotional tale of life
      in Brazil. Marvel at her 3,920 body piercings and tattoos. Share her
      experience through 'letting your feelings go'. Breathe in the energy
      she brings to the journey of life!' ...says the (Edinburgh Festival)
      Fringe program 2005 p145.

      August 11-20th, 22-28th. 20:00hrs (1 hr) £7.00 (conc. £4.00)

      Tickets on Sale NOW. Call 0131 226 0000
      24 Hour Box Office visit http://www.edfringe.com

      ---

      PLUS

      ELAINE DAVIDSON DAILY APPEARANCES IN THE ROYAL MILE 7th - 29th AUGUST
      AFTERNOONS ONLY

      You can also meet Elaine Davidson in the Royal Mile at a performance
      space and time to be designated daily. Look for Elaine Davidson
      talking
      about her show, giving out flyers, posing for photographs and signing
      autographs.

      ---

      *** PRESS RELEASE FOR ELAINE DAVIDSON'S BRAZILIAN LIFE ***

      ELAINE DAVIDSON TELLS THE STORY OF HER LIFE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER

      'THIS IS ABOUT LIFE AND WHAT I BELIEVE IN,' SAYS ELAINE DAVIDSON

      ELAINE DAVIDSON, INTERNATIONAL TV CELEBRITY, TO FEATURE IN HER OWN
      SHOW AT THE EDINBURGH FESTIVAL FRINGE 2005

      ELAINE DAVIDSON IS THE WORLD RECORD HOLDER FOR BODY PIERCING IN
      THE GUINNESS BOOK OF RECORDS

      THIS IS ABOUT ELAINE DAVIDSON'S BRAZILIAN LIFE IN HER OWN WORDS

      ---

      Sexy, happy, proud and smiling because of a life based on the stars,
      the moon, rainbows, water, wind and all the beautiful, natural things
      on earth.

      'When you are alone and the trials of life become complicated,' says
      Elaine, 'concentrating on the beautiful things around you like the
      flowers and trees can help you survive and forget the tough times.'

      'This show is about life and what I believe in,' she says, '..about
      the way I feel inside. The way I feel inside is not the way people
      see me on the outside.'

      'My riches lie in good health and knowing that money is not
      everything.'

      'The power of my mind, the crystal ball, tarot cards, hands that
      heal, the nature of life itself, all the stars and the moon give me
      the strength to carry on laughing, smiling and expressing myself.'

      'Elaine Davidson's Life in Brazil' will be an opportunity to question
      Elaine about Brazil, her life and beliefs. 'Come in and take your
      shoes off,' says Elaine, 'take your clothes off as well if you want
      to,' she adds, 'and express yourself!' in her space.

      Come to 'Elaine Davidson's Life in Brazil' to enjoy her sense of
      freedom and to get a thoughtful break from the festival chaos
      outside. Being with Elaine means being on her territory, in her
      kingdom, in her castle. To be in the audience there for Elaine
      Davidson at this moment will mean a little part of Elaine Davidson
      being inside them always.

      Elaine Davidson will put inside one hour, reflections on the whole of
      her life in a unique, original and thought provoking way, that only
      she can muster and instil.

      Elaine intends to have the audience leave believing in themselves the
      same way that she believes in herself and the same way that has
      enabled her to succeed.

      Elaine Davidson wants her audience to see what they can make happen
      for themselves by the very strength of their own self belief, the
      same way she has.

      The show will explore the notion that the power of the spirit that is
      inside Elaine Davidson is outside too. 'Let your spirit free when you
      are sleeping,' says Elaine, 'just remember the beautiful dreams and
      not the nightmares.'

      Says Elaine, 'Be what you want, don't let anyone shut you into a
      small space.'

      Hear Elaine Davidson speak about personal freedom. 'You don't need
      your mommy and daddy to hold your hand. You have to learn how to live
      and hold on or how to let go and be happy about things. Your freedom
      starts on your first day at school, on the first day you learn to
      walk even. Its a one-way street, whatever happens you are big enough
      to take responsibility for yourself, but you are alone, so don't make
      it too complicated.'

      On a more personal note Elaine Davidson will talk about her childhood
      and upbringing. She comes from a very large family, she has 10
      brothers and 10 sisters which include four sets of twins and Elaine
      Davidson was number 21.

      The story of Elaine Davidson's life cannot really be told in one
      hour. The show will focus on different aspects of her Brazilian life
      on different nights. Elaine hopes that some members of her audience
      may want to come more than once.

      Colours have a special significance in Elaine Davidson's
      beliefs. 'All the colours of the rainbow are so beautiful' she loves
      reds, greens and blue. 'There is beauty in all colours' she likes
      pink and black too and she says, 'I think black and red are
      beautiful, some people may think they are spooky but there is nothing
      spooky about them, they are just other colours.'

      On 'Fire,' she says, 'I love the fire because it's beautiful, hot,
      dangerous and exciting to watch, it's so powerful it can kill you,
      that is real 'fire.'

      Elaine Davidson is the Guinness Book of Records holder for body
      piercing because of her beliefs. 'All my life I wanted to be in the
      Guinness Book of Records and it took a long time but I did it. All my
      life I wanted to be in the 'big book' its very famous in my
      country 'Brazil' because everyone knows it from school. Everyone
      talks about it because only special people get in there and only very
      special people get a whole page.'

      'Through the Guinness Book of Records I have visited lots of
      different countries and met lots of beautiful people and been very
      happy. I am happy with what I achieved and the way I achieved it,
      everything else is a bonus.'

      'I had to save my pennies just as they save all year for four days of
      Carnival in Brazil. I had to save all my life for the cost of the
      piercings and tattoos. Its a very dramatic, long and slow procedure
      for a piercing to heal and settle. The Guinness Book of Records
      counts them one by one which makes my heart race.'

      Elaine Davidson is very excited at the prospect of doing her show.
      Whether its interviews, shows or piercings she pushes herself to the
      edge to see how much her body can take and how far she can go.

      Some of Elaine Davidson's latest piercings and body modifications are
      implants. Her most recent piercings were for a guest appearance on
      the Don Francisco Talk show in Florida USA. ("Don Francisco" is one
      of Spanish television's most recognised personalities, known by
      hundreds of millions of television viewers in the U.S. and around the
      globe on the Univision Network.)

      Elaine Davidson does not drink, take drugs or smoke cigarettes and
      she wants people to know this. In some ways this is because she sees
      her position in the Guinness Book of Records as a responsibility as
      much as a dedication. Says Elaine, 'It becomes part of our lives and
      part of ourselves, its like God to us, we love the Guinness book of
      records so much...'

      Come to ELAINE DAVIDSON'S BRAZILIAN LIFE and hear her tell her
      story...

      ---

      ELAINE DAVIDSON'S BRAZILIAN LIFE
      by Elaine Davidson

      August 11-20th, 22-28th. 20:00hrs (1 hr) £7.00 (conc. £4.00)

      Venue 20, Theatre Workshop, 34 Hamilton Place, Stockbridge,
      Edinburgh, EH3 5AX
      Tel: 0131 226 5425. Fringe Program Grid ref.: B2 or type EH3 5AX into
      http://www.streetmap.co.uk/

      Tickets on Sale NOW. Call 0131 226 0000
      24 Hour Box Office visit http://www.edfringe.com

      ---

      PLUS

      ELAINE DAVIDSON'S DAILY APPEARANCES IN THE ROYAL MILE 7th - 29th
      AUGUST
      AFTERNOONS ONLY.

      ---

      Press:
      For more information contact Elaine Davidson
      For Pix: Contact Elaine Davidson to arrange photo opportunities
      Tel: 0131 667 2802 (9am - 9pm)
      M: +447710558027 (9am - 9pm)
      E: tropical_rainbow-owner@yahoogroups.com
      WWW: http://www.elainedavidson.force9.co.uk

      In the Links & Photos Sections.

      ---

      Issued for and on behalf of Elaine Davidson by Nightnews-media

      END