NextGen EPM Implementation
- View SourceDepartment of Health and Human Services
Medium sized City in Southern California
NextGen EPM Implementation Consultant
Focus Area: Public Health/Clinics
Specific Skills: NextGen Practice Management Implementation (EPM)
Length of Contract: TBD
Contract or W-4: Negotiable
The EPM Implementation consultant will be responsible for the
implementation of the NextGen Enterprise Practice Management (EPM)
system in multiple clinics. Responsibilities include analysis,
documentation, and implementation of practice management system
requirements related to patient demographics, scheduling and billing
needs, workflow process redesign, system configuration, testing, and
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Successful and complete hands-on configuration and
implementation of the NextGen® EPM system at multiple clinics.
2. Own, develop, and manage project plans for the EPM
3. Analyze business, billing, and scheduling requirements.
Recommend and implement requirements. Train as required.
4. Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures to
support implementation requirement recommendations.
5. Conduct the system configuration test and user acceptance
test. Conduct a database review.
6. Troubleshoot and work to resolve NextGen® EPM system-related
issues that are reported or detected during implementation.
7. Research enhancement requests, submits change requests to
NextGen as appropriate, and performs all follow-up activities to
assure satisfactory resolution.
8. Identifies, communicates and coordinates implementation of
all system hardware and software enhancements and upgrades as
requested by both internal users and external entities.
9. Develop plan and coordinate testing of new software releases
10. Develop and implement a methodology for communicating system
changes and events. This includes designing and maintaining forms,
templates and email correspondence related to the effective
processing of user requests.
11. Generate status and other types of reports relating to the
EPM implementation process.
12. Serve as a liaison between clinics for the purposes of
NextGen EPM Implementation.
13. Participate in application upgrade testing and implementation.
14. Ability to work in fast-paced demanding environment.
15. Serve as key technical resource for users of the NextGen® EPM
during the implementation.
16. Continually influences, enhances and improves NextGen
17. Identifies and implements opportunities for improved system
1. Work with project team to document project objectives,
challenges, and scope.
2. Work with other related projects to understand and manage
3. Work with project manager's to plan analysis work and
highlight risks and issues.
4. Work with staff and managers to successfully implement
5. Work with staff and managers to define acceptance criteria.
6. Work with and participate on task forces and committees as
required to successfully implement NextGen EPM.
1. NextGen EPM Project Plan
2. Training Materials
3. For changes to scope and enhancements, produce business cases
defining the costs and benefits associated with requested changes.
4. User Acceptance test plans.
5. Successful and complete implementation of NextGen EPM.
1. Bi-Weekly reports, or as needed, will be produced for the
project manager and/or project sponsors showing progress against
outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks
2. Working with the project manager, prepare status reports for
various other committees and managers as requested.
1. Associate's Degree in Business, Information Systems or
related field desired, Bachelors' Degree preferred. Consideration
will be given to those holding industry-specific certification.
2. Three to five years' information systems experience in a
physician practice, hospital, clinic, or other medical/lab
1. Strong working knowledge of all Nextgen EPM modules.
Knowledge, use and familiarity of NextGen EMR is desirable but not
2. Three to five years experience in a physician practice
environment using and supporting NextGen EPM. Knowledge, use and
familiarity of NextGen EMR is desirable but not necessary.
3. Demonstrated understanding of physician/clinic/office
workflow, scheduling, third-party billing and business management.
4. Current and knowledgeable of industry standards.
1. Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9-CM coding. Certification
2. Conduct NextGen EPM End-user training in a classroom
environment. Develop NextGen EPM End-user training materials.
3. Demonstrated experience interacting with all levels of end-
4. The ability to function effectively and efficiently in a team
1. Job competency as related to the position description.
2. Customer satisfaction orientation.
3. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
4. Strong organization and time management skills.
5. Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities
Resume with contact to: