Listen To The New Smokestack Lightnin'

  • Norman Thompson
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007

      Listen to the new Smokestack Lightnin’!  Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Radio is currently web-casting for your listening pleasure its newest Blues Special (#0709–recorded 09/29/07).  The archived internet version of Smokestack Lightnin' is the digitally recorded version of our live broadcast on WUCF 89.9FM inOrlando in its entirety from the previous Saturday night. We post the new show to our web site every Monday.  The URL is www.smokestacklightnin.com  . The internet streaming of Smokestack Lightnin’ is on the latest version of the Windows Media Player. You will find the audio quality the finest available. You can also enjoy Smokestack Lightnin' live on WUCF each Saturday night at 8PM Eastern Standard Time ( USA ). The direct WUCF stream utilizes RealPlayer software. A link to the WUCF URL can be found on our webpage at http://www.smokestacklightnin.com along with an explanation of times you can access the show live. Please let us know what you think of Smokestack Lightnin’ by emailing your comments to blues@... . We would like to use your comments in soliciting new sponsors. Thank you for listening. The Smokestack Team

      PLAYLIST: Smokestack Lightnin’ on WUCF, 89.9FM, Orlando , Florida , Sep. 29, 2007, 8-11pm

      Opening: Smokestack Lightnin’ by The Howlin’ Wolf

      DJ: Paul Newnum

      Show #0709

      Smokestack Lightnin’s Top 25 Blues CDs for September 2007

      #26 Nick Moss & The Flip Tops/Mistakes From The Past/Play It Till Tomorrow/Blue Bella

      #25 Charlie Jones/Spirit In The Sky/Charlie Jones/Verge-Insult

      #24 Tab Benoit/For What It’s Worth/Power Of The Pontchartrain/Telarc

      #23 Delta Moon/Life’s A Song/Clear Blue Flame/Jumping Jack

      #22 Robben Ford/Moonchild Blues/Truth/Concord

      #21 Stacy Mitchhart/Doghouse Blues/Got To Get The Feeling Back Again/Dr. Sam

      #20 Chris Duarte Group/Amy Lee/Blue Velocity/BBI

      #19 Tab Beboit/Crawlin’ Kingsnake/Debbie Davies’ Blues Blast/Telarc

      #18 Popa Chubby/I Don’t Live Today/Electric Chubbyland/Blind Pig

      #17 Maria Muldaur/New Orleans Hop Scop Blues/Naughty Bawdy & Blue/Stony Plain

      #16 The Soul Of John Black/The Hole/The Good Girl Blues/Yellow Dog

      #15 Hope Waits/Drown In My Own Tears/Hope Waits/Radar Proof

      #14 Hot Monkey Love/Angel/Speakin’ Evil/Brother Monk

      #13 West Of Memphis/Cell Phone Blues/Honey Pie/self

      #12 Ellis Hooks/Don’t Stop Dancin’/Another Saturday Morning/Evidence

      #11 Hubert Sumlin/Some Summer Days/Live At The Boston Blues Festival vol. 2/Blues Trust

      #10 Jimmy Hall/Long Distance Call/Rendevous With The Blues/Rockin’ Camel

      #9 Hans Theessink/Run On For A Long Time/Slow Train/Blue Groove

      #8 Sugar Blue/Cold Blooded Man/Code Blue/Sugar Blue

      #7 Magic Slim & The Teardrops/Mind Your Own Business/The Essential Magic Slim/Blind Pig

      #6 Nelsen Adelard/Black & Blue/Blues Still Got A Hold On Me/self

      #5 Mason Casey/Nine Times A Man/Sofa King Badass/Northern Blues

      #4 Doyle Bramhall/Tortured Soul/Is It News/Yep Roc

      #3 Omar Dykes&Jimmie Vaughan/Aw Shucks, Hush Your Mouth/On The Jimmy Reed Highway /Ruf

      #2 L.A. Blues Alliance/Money Honey/What A Life/Babyree

      #1 Joe Bonamassa/Dirt In My Pocket/Sloe Gin/J&R Adventures

      CLOSE

      The Insomniacs/Serves Me Right/Left Coast Blues/Delta Groove

      Willie McBlind/Chicken/Find My Way Back Home/Free Note

      It has removed 12370 spam emails to date.
      Try SPAMfighter for free now!
    • Norman Thompson
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007

        Listen to the new Smokestack Lightnin’!  Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Radio is currently web-casting for your listening pleasure its newest Blues Special (#0710–recorded 10/06/07).  The archived internet version of Smokestack Lightnin' is the digitally recorded version of our live broadcast on WUCF 89.9FM inOrlando in its entirety from the previous Saturday night. We post the new show to our web site every Monday.  The URL is www.smokestacklightnin.com  . The internet streaming of Smokestack Lightnin’ is on the latest version of the Windows Media Player. You will find the audio quality the finest available. You can also enjoy Smokestack Lightnin' live on WUCF each Saturday night at 8PM Eastern Standard Time ( USA ). The direct WUCF stream utilizes RealPlayer software. A link to the WUCF URL can be found on our webpage at http://www.smokestacklightnin.com along with an explanation of times you can access the show live. Please let us know what you think of Smokestack Lightnin’ by emailing your comments to blues@... . We would like to use your comments in soliciting new sponsors. Thank you for listening. The Smokestack Team

        PLAYLIST: Smokestack Lightnin’ on WUCF, 89.9FM, Orlando , Florida , 10/6/07, 8-11pm

        Show #0710

        DJ: Rob McKinney

        Opening: Smokestack Lightnin’ by The Howlin’ Wolf

        Artist/Song/CD/Label

        Smokestack Lightnin’s Top Ten Blues CDs for the Week of October 6, 2007

        #10 The Love Dogs/Big & Hot/Live At The Boston Blues Festival Vol. 2/Blues Trust

        #9 Hope Waits/I’ll Be Satisfied/Hope Waits/Radar Proof

        #8 Omar Dykes&Jimmie Vaughan/Big Boss Man/On The Jimmy Reed Highway /Ruf

        #7 Nelsen Adelard/Blues Got A Hold On Me/Blues Still Got A Hold On Me/Self

        #6 Mason Casey/Blue Hair Woman/Sofa King Badass/Northern Blues

        #5 Magic Slim & The Teardrops/Crazy Woman/The Essential Magic Slim/Blind Pig

        #4 Jimmy Hall/Weep & Moan/Rendezvous With The Blues/Rockin’ Camel

        #3 Doyle Bramhall/Little Star/Is It News/Yep Roc

        #2 LA Blues Alliance/TV Mama/What A Life/Babyree

        #1 Joe Bonamassa/Ball Peen Hammer/Sloe Gin/J&R Adventures

        Blues By Request

        Chris Duarte/Something Wicked/Blue Velocity/BBI

        Eric Clapton&JJ Cale/Any Way The Wind Blows/Road ToEscondido

        Keb Mo/Whole Nutha Thang/Suitcase/Red Ink

        Gary Moore/I Had A Dream/Close As You Get/Eagle

        All New Arrivals

        Nick Moss & The Flip Tops/Lyin’ For Profit/Play It Till Tomorrow/Blue Bella

        Microwave Dave & The Nukes/Roadrunner/Down South Nukin’/Rockin’ Camel

        Nappy Brown/Keep On Pleasin’ You/Long Time Comin’/Blind Pig

        Bill Lumpkin/You’re Gonna Be Sorry/Hard Pill To Swallow/Blue Bella

        Cracked Ice/Here To Stay/Soul Noir/self

        Gerry Hundt/Trying Hard/Since Way Back/Blue Bella

        Roy Rogers/Rockin’ At The Hey Hey/The Best Of 2/Chops Not Chaps

        Lurrie Bell/Earthquake & Hurricane/Let’s Talk About Love/Aria BG

        Root Doctor/Lucky One/Change Our Ways/Big O

        Kilborn Alley Blues Band/Redneck In A Soul Band/Tear Chicago Down/Blue Bella

        Newly Released Classic Blues

        Sleepy John Estes/Divin’ Duck Blues/On The Chicago Blues Scene/Delmark

        Barrelhouse Buck McFarland/4 O’Clock Blues/Alton Blues/Delmark

        Muddy Waters, et al/Done Got Over It/Breakin’ it Up,Breakin’ It Down/Epic Legacy

        More New Arrivals

        Diunna Greenleaf/Possession Over Judgement Day/Cotton Field To Coffee House/self

        Chris Bergson Band/Float Your Mind/Fall Changes/2 Shirts

        Reno Jones/I Plead Guilty/Shrunken Heads/Alimony

        Larry Carlton & Robben Ford/That Road/Live In Tokyo/335

        It has removed 12393 spam emails to date.

          #10 Ian Siegal/God Don’t Like Ugly/Swagger/Nugene

          #9 Nick Moss & The Flip Tops/Lyin’ For profit/Play It Till Tomorrow/Blue Bella

          #8 Hope Waits/Ring Them Bells/Hope Waits/Radar Proof

          #7 Bill Lupkin/You’re Gonna Be Sorry/Hard Pill To Swallow/Blue Bella

          #6 Hubert Sumlin/Some Summer Days/Live At The Boston Blues Festival V.2/Blues Trust

          #5 Mason Casey/Don’t End Our Love/Sofa King Badass/Northern Blues

          #4 Jimmy Hall/Night time Is The Right Time/Rendevous With Yhe Blues/Rockin’ Camel

          #3 Magic Slim & The Teardrops/How Many More Years?/The Essential Magic Slim/Blind Pig

          #2 Joe Bonamassa/One Of These Days/Sloe Gin/J&R Adventures

          #1 LA Blues Alliance/Illinois/What A Life/Baby Ree

          Classic Blues From The Vaults

          John Lee Hooker/Trouble In Mind/Jack ‘o Diamonds/Eagle

          Memphis Minnie/Kissing In The Dark/Queens Of The Blues/Fuel 2000

          Elmore James/Standing At The Crossroads/The Modern Records Story/Fuel 2000

          Otis Spann/Dust My Broom/Windy City Blues/Stax

          T-Bone Walker/Call It Stormy Monday (Live Version)/Blues Sround The Clock/Pablo

          Walter Horton/Sugar Mama/Great Blues Harp/St. Clair

          All New Soul Blues

          David Brinson/Here I Go Again/Here I Go Again/Ecko

          Donnie Williams/Running/Just Like Magic/Chump Change

          Denise LaSalle/It’s Goin’ Down/Pay Before You Pump/Ecko

          New Blues Unplugged

          Scott Perry/Wine Drinkin’ Woman/8 Miles To Perryville/Oh Papa

          David Evans/Brownsville Blues/Needy Time/Inside Sounds

          Tas Cru/Cover My Love/Biscuit/self

          Eric Bibb/Good Stuff/An Evening With Eric Bibb/MC

          New Arrivals

          Harry Bodine/Time On My Hands/Which Way Home/self

          Danny Brooks/Ain’t That The Truth?/No Easy Way Out/Rockin’ Camel

          Kenny Acosta/Still Have The Blues For You/Full Moon On Blues Street /Rockin’ Camel

          Patrick Flynn/Good New Blues/Good News/Silverado

          Johnny Max Band/Goin’ Down Standin’ Up/A Lesson I’ve Learned/HillBilly

          New Blues

          Tinsley Ellis/Freeway Soul/Moment Of Truth/Alligator

          James Hinkle/Funky Town/Blues Now Jazz Later/Blue Lights

          Tracy K/Spoonful/Old New Borrowed Blues/self

          CLOSE

          Robi Zonca/Brown Panther/ Rebel/self

          Willie McBlind/Cannonballer/Find My Way Back Home/Free Note

        • Norman Thompson
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 7, 2007

            Listen to the new Smokestack Lightnin’!  Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Radio is currently web-casting for your listening pleasure its newest Blues Special (#0714–recorded 11/04/07).  The archived internet version of Smokestack Lightnin' is the digitally recorded version of our live broadcast on WUCF 89.9FM inOrlando in its entirety from the previous Saturday night. We post the new show to our web site every Monday.  The URL is www.smokestacklightnin.com  . The internet streaming of Smokestack Lightnin’ is on the latest version of the Windows Media Player. You will find the audio quality the finest available. You can also enjoy Smokestack Lightnin' live on WUCF each Saturday night at 8PM Eastern Standard Time ( USA ). The direct WUCF stream utilizes RealPlayer software. A link to the WUCF URL can be found on our webpage at http://www.smokestacklightnin.com along with an explanation of times you can access the show live. Please let us know what you think of Smokestack Lightnin’ by emailing your comments to blues@... . We would like to use your comments in soliciting new sponsors. Thank you for listening. The Smokestack Team

            PLAYLIST: Smokestack Lightnin’ on WUCF, 89.9FM, Orlando , Florida , 11/3/07, 8-11pm

            Show #0714

            Opening: Smokestack Lightnin’ by Lucky Peterson

            DJ: Paul Newnum

            Artist/Song/CD/Label

            Smokestack Lightnin’s Top Ten Blues CDs for the week of Nov. 3, 2007

            #10 Lurrie Bell/Directly From My Heart To You/Let’s Talk About Love/Aria B.G.

            #9 Ian Siegal/I Can’t Believe You Want To Leave/Swagger/Nugene

            #8 L.A. Blues Alliance/Money Honey/What A Life/Babyree

            #7 Monster Mike Welch/Please/Just Like It Is/BGB

            #6 Joe Bonamassa/Sloe Gin/Sloe Gin/J&R Adventures

            #5 Gerry Hundt/Bad Water/Since Way Back/Blue Bella

            #4 Magic Slim & The Teardrops/Jealous Man/The Essential Magic Slim/Blind Pig

            #3 Bill Lupkin/Fine Little Thing/Hard Pill To Swallow/Blue Bella

            #2 Nick Moss & The Flip Tops/Herman’s Holler/Play It Till Tomorrow/Blue Bella

            #1 Jimmy Hall/A Change Is Gonna Come/Rendezvous With The Blues/Rockin’ Camel

            Blues By Request

            Keb Mo /The Itch/Suitcase/Red Ink

            Gary Moore/Trouble At Home/Close As You Get/Eagle

            Sugar Pie DeSanto/Nobody’s Home/Refined Sugar/Jasman

            Smokestack Lightnin’s Blues Hall Of Fame Honors Muddy Waters

            Muddy Waters/Rollin’ Stone/His Best 1947-55/Chess

            Muddy Waters/You Shook Me/His Best 1956-64/Chess

            Muddy Waters/Rollin’ & Tumblin’/His Best 1947-55/Chess

            Muddy Waters/The Same Thing/His Best 1956-64/Chess

            Muddy Waters/Walkin’ Blues/The London Muddy Waters Sessions/Chess

            Muddy Waters-James Cotton-Johnny Winter/Mannish Boy/Blue Sky

            A Whole Mess Of New Blues

            Johnny Sansone/Mary Full Of Tears/Poor Man’s  Paradise/Short Stack

            Alvin Lee/Blues Got A Hold On Me/Saguitar/Rainman

            Steve Winwood/Dear Mr. Fantasy/Dear Mr. Fantasy/Eagle

            Colin Linden/Easin’ Back To Tennessee /Easin’ Back To Tennessee/True North

            Richard RayFarrell&Marco Pandolfi/Phonograph Blues/Stuck On The Blues/Blue Beet

            Dan Treanor&Jack Hadley/I Wish You Would/Brothers Blood & Bone/self

            Ricky Gene Hall & The Goods/Blues Ain’t Nothin’/Ricky Gene Hall  & The Goods/Dawg

            Latimore/My Give A Damn Gave Out/Back Atcha/LatStone

            Big James/LTS Blues/Thank God I Got The Blues/self

            Sharrie Williams/I’m Here To Stay/I’m Here To Stay/Electro Fi

            Ruthie Foster/Cuz I’m Here/The Phenomenal Ruthie Foster/Blue Corn

            Mighty Sam McClain&Jon Bon Jovi/Show Me The Way/Give Us Your Poor/Apple Seed

            Fathead/Jellyfish Blues/Building Full Of Blues/Electro Fi

            It has removed 12480 spam emails to date.
            Try SPAMfighter for free now!