BIGDADDYBLUES.com June 2003 Newsletter

  • Randall 'Big Daddy' Webster
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hello Again Gang-

          We sincerely hope all is well in your world.  If life in Florida's Capital City of Tallahassee, Florida were any better we couldn't stand it!  The weather is incredible, the food and libation delectable, the company even better, and the Blues is as soulful as it gets.  Best of all we've reached over 45,000 new concert fans in the last 30 days...  more on this in a moment.  The bottom line is that things are rolling well for us and it's ALL good.

          May was an incredible month for the BIGDADDYBLUES.com family.  First, "Big Daddy's Blues Stories" hooked up with the Apalachee Blues Society, the Leon County Cultural Resource Commission, Sir Charles Atkins (Professor of the Florida State University Blues Lab), and Jon Copps (string instrument player extraordinaire) for several Blues In The Schools (BITS) presentations throughout Leon County Florida.  We've planted the Blues seed for hundreds of new enthusiasts, and we're not done yet as we have another presentation THIS Monday June 2nd, at the Tallahassee Museum of History and Natural Science (it's still the Jr. Museum in my mind).

          Second, the BIGDADDYBLUES.com newsletter now reaches over 6,000 readers and we're growing.  Recent new members come from as far away as Japan, Brazil, Germany, Scotland, Thailand, China, and New Zealand. It's because of your faith in our ministry of Booty Quakin' Soul Shakin' Progressive Urban Blues that we keep going strong and we thank each and every one of you!

          Finally, "Big Daddy & Red Hot Java" opened for two major acts in May.  First was "Kool & The Gang" May 3rd.  With over 20,000 in attendance, all of them waiting for "Kool & The Gang's" musical "Celebration,"  the "Brew Crew" won over them with our original tunes, hard work, and the blessing of William "Kool" Bell himself.  The crowd got their the Mojo working and shook their hips to Red Hot Java drummer Jeremy "Prophet" Mills, bassist John "Big Tone" Toney, guitarist and harpist Keith "Fender Bender" Fenderlander, and yours truly Big Daddy.  Then on May 25th we were "Taken It To The Streets" opening for "The Doobie Brothers" reaching 25,000 strong.  The energy was awesome and we didn't disappoint cranking out over 60 minutes of blistering Blues.  Photos from both shows will be posted on our web site this week so be sure to visit.  Upcoming shows this year include Chicago and the Allman Brothers.

          If you want to catch one of our shows when we're in your neighborhood, please visit BIGDADDYBLUES.com and check out our
      Performance Calendar.  There are two (2) more shows pending for mid June and they'll be added to the calendar once the ink dries.  And be sure to catch the "Big Daddy & Red Hot Java" show at "The Bradfordville Blues Club" June 27th.  Tickets are on sale now.  It's our first time there in over five (5) months so don't miss it!  If we're not scheduled to visit your "neck of the woods" soon, please feel free to offer venue suggestions (arts centers, festivals, concert halls, and clubs) and we'll see what we can do to sort it out.  Unfortunately, we've had to temporarily postpone planned tours to the Far East (due to the SARS epidemic) and Europe (due to two major festivals folding).  Both tours will be rescheduled as soon as possible.

          Finally we leave you with BLUESOLOGY from Bluesman William Makepeace Thackeray
      (1811-1863, English novelist and satirist, born in India) who taught to always begin with the end in mind when he said, "I am to bless the world through what I am."  Use the tools the good Lord gave us to make a positive change in the world Gang.

      Wishing you he very best in Blues!

      -Big Daddy